Location: Amant Al- Asimah
Period: 5 months.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day).
Classification: Program and project management.
Expected start Date: 15 of August 2020.
life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO) is a Yemeni humanitarian and development non-governmental organization, founded in 2006 by a group of young people with the inspiration to address some of the social and development issues that need to be dealt with in creative and swift interventions in a purely professional manner.
Investing and benefiting from the abilities and potential of young people is not a matter of pride for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Moreover, young people represent the largest proportion of the population in many countries; we are seeking to hone their skills and providing a suitable environment for their access to decision, making positions. Therefore, we have implemented many successful activities and programs that have a real impact on the reality of young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be made without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well through the development of young people's abilities. It is therefore, called the teaching organization that works hard to train volunteers and then grant them work opportunities. LMMPO is keen to have a competitive candidate to fill the following position:
The Project Manager is responsible of assessment and review reports and adjust them in accordance with the policy of the organization and donors. Also be in charge of the implementation and the supervision of the project Amant Al- Asimah –Al-ٍSabean District- Yemen”, this involves functions as followed:
- Develop a suitable plan, follow up the progress of its implementation in the field and provide reports to the senior management.
- Ensure the integration of activities and avoiding gutter resources and rationalize the usage.
- Communicate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Develop urgent solutions and contingency plans for problems that may affect the progress of work.
- Full understanding of the humanitarian, covid and social situation in the target region
- Create a work plan and provide supervision and support to relevant project staff regarding the implementation of project.
- Represent LMMPO in the relevant meetings with the local authorities.
- Responsible of communication with the field staff regarding the daily affairs, monitoring and follow up with project implementation and raise clear view about activities.
- Responsible of compiling and sharing information regarding project implementation with the senior management of LMMPO and relevant departments.
- Responsible of reporting to the various of the project activities
- Prepare presentations and prepare reports for meetings with donors.
- Keep teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
- Closing the project
- Follow up the successes stories
Specific skills for the post:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Proven ability of using office project system.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Analytical Skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Computer skills in using (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing).
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in management or relevant disciplines.
- At 3 - 5 years in project management, preferably experience in NGOs and local NGOs
The applicant must fill in the required data via this link:
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for application is Sunday 9 of Aug. 2020