Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Department: Mentoring and Evaluation Department
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GC is seeking a professional for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in Aden, Yemen. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist and will be primarily responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented and analyzed a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes.
- Assist the M&E Specialist in designing and pre-post testing of the data collection tools.
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. Post distribution monitoring, During Distribution monitoring, market price monitoring and any other monitoring data required.
- Support M&E Specialist to ensure quality of data collection from the field.
- Lead the data collection team to the team and supervise them at the field level for various field studies.
- Assist the M&E Specialist in training and organizing of other learning events
- Responsible of data entry and analysis, when required
- Supervise Data, collection, compile and document the all program and M&E related data and information.
- Assist the M&E Specialist in writing of various reports (Weekly report, PDMs, DDMs and activity monitoring report)
- Ensure that all the documents are properly kept and hardcopy filed in the office.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Global Communities values
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of project quality.
- Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensures that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines,
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager, or matrix manager
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required in Data Management, social sciences or any related filed is required and 1-year work experience with an international NGO in the same area is preferred.
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work values.
- Good knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge on simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
From August 2020 until 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with Global Communities.
- Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 12 August 2020 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.