Hygiene Promotion Assistant (3)
Reports to: Project Manager.
Duration: 11 months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Hygiene Promotion Assistant will be responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of hygiene promotion activities. The Hygiene Promotion Assistant will be closely working with the Hygiene Promotion Specialist and WASH Team Leaders to technically support Hygiene Promotion Teams in the organization program Areas. She/he ensures focuses on capacity building of Hygiene Promotion Teams for the organization staff ensuring that quality issues of the program are addressed.
Hygiene Promotion Technical Support:
- Assist in updating, designing and developing hygiene promotion related documents, tools and all IEC materials focusing on improving Knowledge, attitude and practices.
- Supping in Developing and exploring effective hygiene promotion approaches including drama shows, radio messaging and role plays etc.
- Assist in developing an effective community mobilization strategy for targeted communities for targeted areas.
- Work with field teams to identify and recommend appropriate hygiene promotion methodologies.
- Provide onsite technical support /advice to hygiene promotion teams on effective hygiene promotion approaches for the hygiene promotion team and volunteers.
- Work with the WASH Specialist in development of technical guidelines, hygiene promotion SOPs and hygiene promotion strategy.
- Assist in develop and designing all key hygiene promotion messages to be disseminated for the public on social media, or for directly for beneficiaries on the field.
- Work with communication unit and project managers to prepare and develop success stories for all hygiene promotion activities and to share them with donors and relevant clusters.
- Participation in the preliminary survey and the definition of the region as well as the final survey of the target areas.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
Hygiene Promotion Assessments and Project Design:
- Work with the WASH Specialist in developing hygiene promotion assessment tools and supporting field teams in conducting hygiene related assessments.
- Support field teams in development of technical evaluations, studies and preparation of hygiene promotion.
- Take technical lead updating all hygiene promotion tools and in conducting KAP surveys, need assessments, PDMs and any other hygiene promotion related assessments.
- Develop and roll out new hygiene promotion approaches including IEC materials.
Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Follow up on daily and weekly basis the hygiene promotion team including the community hygiene volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
- Conduct training for community-based volunteer Hygiene Promoters on how to conduct hygiene sessions in their communities, and how to most effectively use IEC materials.
- Support field teams in developing hygiene promotion activities action plans for project implementation.
- Review all hygiene promotion program activities with the field hygiene promotion teams in coordination with the project manager prior to commencement of activities.
- Work with hygiene promotion teams to track all hygiene promotion activities and ensure set objectives are met.
- Coordinate with senior Hygiene Promotion specialist, the WASH team leaders and ensure hygiene promotion activities remain and integral part of the WASH program.
- Support hygiene promotion team and ensure activities are implemented as planned.
- Undertake daily field visits to verify quality of hygiene promotion activities and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure hygiene promotion activities at both community level and institution levels (health facilities and schools) meet set standards.
- Take lead in conducting and analysis of hygiene promotion evaluations such as KAP surveys, PDMs etc.
- Support field hygiene promotion assistant in preparation of hygiene promotion reports.
- Edit and finalize all hygiene promotion final reports.
- Ensure good archiving and documentation of HP activities.
- Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Assist in registration, validation of beneficiaries lists to ensure that the selection is in line with selection criteria as well as the beneficiaries’ data are accurate and up to date. and
- Supervise and ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Assist in the selecting HP community volunteers according to the criteria provided by HP specialist.
Trainings and Capacity Building:
- Work with the Hygiene promotion specialist to conduct capacity assessment and capacity building for project hygiene promotion teams.
- Work with Hygiene promotion specialist to prepare and roll out capacity building programs for hygiene promotion teams.
- Review hygiene promotion related training plans, materials for field teams in collaboration with Hygiene promotion specialist.
Coordination and Representation:
- Represent the organization in hygiene/health promotion related WASH technical working groups at field level and provide feedback to WASH leaders.
- Coordinate with the different WASH/Health related ministries both at national and field level to ensure hygiene promotion programs are harmonized with national and cluster guidelines.
- Work with Hygiene promotion specialist to represent and participate in any other WASH related fora.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Public Health, Communication or any other relevant field.
- Professional experience of 2 years minimum, among which 1 years in a field related to public health, communication and behaviour change.
- Organization, coordination and planning skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- Excellent facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English, writing and speaking.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.