Solidarités International seeks to recruit: Accountability Officer
Presentation of the organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter. SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in AL-Turbah town, Taiz- Yemen.
Goal/purpose: Under the supervision of the MEAL Supervisor the Accountability officer is in charge of the Implementation of accountability activities and the management of complaint response mechanism (CRM).
Implementation of accountability activities
- Ensure that at each stage of projects, AAP principles (public information sharing, participation, complaint management and respect of the ethics code) are respected by field teams
- Conduct, with M&E and program teams, data collection related to satisfaction
- Sensitize local authorities and community leaders, as well as households, for the reporting of protection cases;
- Train staff on the complaints management mechanism and on the principles of accountability before each field visit.
Management of complaint response mechanism (CRM)
- Operate the feedback and complaints hotline, enter data into the CRM database logbooks
- Ensure that all information related to complaints is properly recorded and that the information management system database is clean
- Follow proper implementation of CRM standard operating procedures and refer all cases to the appropriate focal point
- Ensure follow-up of all cases referred to the management team until the closure of the case
- Ensure proper archiving for future reference and submit timely complaints reports
- Participate in training field teams on CRM information plan
- Participate in the set-up of referral channels for protection cases, while respecting the principles of confidentiality and dignity
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager
III. Profile required
- Bachelor degree in relevant field is an asset
- Minimum of 6-month experience working for INGOs in the field of MEAL required.
- Good writing/report writing skills necessary for the position
- Good professional English, both written and spoken is fundamental
- Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles expected
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (including a supportive working style) are important
- Willingness to travel as requested
Please submit your application (CV and Cover Letter)
to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for Receiving applications: August 11th 2020