Community Center Facilitator
Protection General support- Community Center facilitator
Duty Station [Khawkha]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Overall purpose of the role
The Community Centre (CC) Facilitator will be responsible for facilitating recreational and psychosocial support activities for children, youth and adult women and girls within DRC’s Women Community Centre (WCC) in Khawkha, as well as conducting awareness raising activities. The CC Facilitator will also support the creation of a schedule of activities for the centre, as well as maintain the space equipped and organized. The CC Facilitator will identify individuals in need of further assistance and will refer them to DRC staff for additional services.
- Facilitation of activities at the WCC for children, youth and adult women and girls, including organizing and facilitating recreational and psychosocial support activities such as arts, sport, non-formal education, human development skills, etc;
- Assist in the set-up and organization of spaces and materials in the community centre in preparation for the recreational, psychosocial, awareness raising, and information dissemination activities;
- Assist DRC staff to plan and maintain a schedule of activities at the community centre, and propose new ideas for activities;
- Assist DRC staff in identifying needs for material and equipment to conduct activities;
- Safely identify and mobilize community members to participate in activities at the community centre;
- Greet, welcome, orientate, and register clients at the community centre;
- Conducting information sharing sessions and awareness sessions in the community centre on topics identified by DRC;
- Raise awareness about the activities in the community centre with the community including with community leaders and focal points;
- Safely identify and refer members of the community who require additional assistance and services to DRC’s Case Management staff and Assistants/Officers in accordance with defined referral pathways and Standard Operating Procedures, with a particular focus on high risk cases;
- Read, sign, and strictly abide by the DRC Code of Conduct;
- Must adhere to DRC’s mission, values, code of conduct including respect for the principles of neutrality, do no harm and non-discrimination;
- Must treat all partners and beneficiaries with dignity and respect.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Experience in facilitating recreational and psychosocial support activities;
- Experience in leading activities for children, youth and adults;
- Written and spoken Arabic;
- Effective oral communication skills;
- Must be willing to perform tasks as required by DRC and other partner agencies if relevant.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in social work, education, or closely related fields; proven field experience can be accepted in lieu.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Community members
- Other I/NGO running activities in the community centre (where relevant)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract that ends on December 31, 2020 renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place Khawkha
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (NMJ).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close August 11, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo