Title: MEAL Assistant
Responsible to: Health Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is Provision of Emergency Food Security and Livelihood assistance for acutely food insecure households, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
Under HEALTH Project Manager, The Health MEAL Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day activities. S/he will be providing technical support in all health field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Health Manager and MEAL Coordinator to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all data quality requirements are met.
- Develop tracking tools for projects’ health indicators to ensure that activities are tracked according to agreed plans.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations including preparation of Terms of References and designing and implementing appropriate evaluation methodologies.
- Provide support to the program team in compiling reports, stressing the importance of data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of program objectives/outcomes.
- Work with the Health Manager and MEAL Coordinator to support the Program team in the weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Ensure that program team submit timely and accurate health reports and posting it to the cluster's health information system.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, analysis, compilation and dissemination of MEAL data.
- Conduct regular field visits to the targeted HFs and areas to track progress against indicators including stock in health facilities and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions including.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
- Work closely with the Health Manager to guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the Health Manager and MEAL Coordinator and appropriate program staff.
- In coordination with the Health Manager and the Senior MEAL Officer, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording, and responding.
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities.
- Report immediately any achievements, difficulties or obstacles faced on the field to the direct supervisor. This could be done either written or verbally depending on the type of the incident to be reported. However, this should be done in a timely manner in order to identify the needed actions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all data is reported into Activity Info platform on a monthly basis.
- Ensure effective and efficient documentation of all collected data quantitatively and qualitatively meeting all programmatic indicators; ensure that all field-data is collected in a timely and efficient manner and is stored efficiently in soft and hard copies to be provided upon request; support the project teams in compiling data for all components of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working within public, private or based health systems.
- Advanced training/experience in infection prevention.
- Involvement in recent current or past outbreak preparedness and response efforts.
- Experience leading the development and delivery of trainings, coaching and supervision of healthcare workforce.
- Expertise in maternal and newborn health services
- Experience working within the Ministry of Health
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders within and outside the government
- Experience working in urban and rural settings
- Strong ability to write clear and well-structured reports.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in public health, biostatistics, Economics or related field, and strong data analysis training.
- At least two years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation works.
- Working experience with NGOs
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting surveys.
- Experience in writing quality reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong data analysis skill. The use of SPSS, Epi Infor software is advantage.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Team work and Management skills.
- Excellent English skills (verbal and writing).
The position will be based in Taiz, 80% in the office and 20% in the field.
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 / August/ 2020