Hygiene Promotion Assistant (3)
Position: Hygiene Promotion Assistant – (3)
Location: Hodeida, Hajjah and Aden.
Vacancy Reference Number:
For Hodeida: HPA-HOD/20
For Hajjah: HPO-HJH/20
For Aden: HPA-ADN/20
Purpose of division:
The WASH department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating of WASH projects/programs in collaboration with local, national and international partners, The aim of WASH department is to improve the health and socioeconomic well-being of conflict affected communities by reducing the incidence of water- and sanitation-related diseases through sustainable safe water, sanitation, and hygiene practices.
Under the supervision of Hygiene Promotion Officer, hygiene promotion assistant will be responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of hygiene promotion activities of Islamic Relief Yemen in the target governorate. The post is specifically oriented towards the WASH emergency response in the context of the crisis in this governorate, and special attention will be made on the integration of the WASH sector in other core sectors of Islamic Relief such as nutrition, food security and livelihood.
- Design, plan and implement of WASH hygiene needs assessments, including personal interviews at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, site visits, and meetings with key members of community.
Program Design and Implementation
- Design, plan, implement and follow-up of hygiene promotion activities such as:
- Training of trainers in hygiene promotion (for community volunteers, WASH committee members, health workers)
- Liaise and coordinate activities with community health workers
- Ensure community mobilization in all field related to water, hygiene and sanitation
- Draft weekly Hygiene/cholera awareness sessions report
- Plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the distribution of hygiene kits, cleaning kits and Jerry Canes for health facilities, and families.
- Work with the WASH team to develop and evaluate methodologies for promoting sanitation, such as CLTS (community-led total sanitation), or latrines construction.
- Consider budget planning and logistics for hygiene promotion activities: making and follow-up of internal purchase order, quality control of material delivered by suppliers, planning team movements by vehicle
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- With the WASH team implementation of initial and final KAP surveys (Knowledge, Attitude, Practice)
- With the WASH team implementation of PDM survey (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kit distributed
- Collection, consolidation and reporting of weekly hygiene and health related data, necessary for the consolidation of standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analysis performed)
- Weekly report to Hygiene Promotion Officer//WASH Coordinator.
Integration, Coordination of Cross-cutting Aspects
- Coordinate WASH hygiene activities with other sectors of Islamic Relief, in order to integrate activities in the same geographical area and for the same beneficiaries
- Coordinate local level hygiene activities with Public Health Department at district level.
- Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, HIV, people living with disability, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of Hygiene promotion activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled.
Graduated from a course related to public health and / or communication
B) EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Professional experience of 2 years minimum, among which 1 years in a field related to public health, communication and behavior change
- Organization, coordination and planning skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to listen and adopt
- Excellent facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent knowledge of local language
- Fluent knowledge of written and oral in English
- Yemeni National
- Direct experience in the geographical area targeted by Islamic Relief
- Experience working with an INGO/NGO
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Core Values (Required) :
- Commitment .
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Planning and Organizing.
E) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
F) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
G) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Based in Field Office, with frequent travel to the communities of intervention
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only Short–listed candidates will be contacted.