Ended Health Project Officer (4)
Position: Health Project officer (4)
Location: Hodeidah, Aden, Amran, and Sana’a.
Vacancy Reference Number:
For Sana’a: HPO4-SAN/20
For Aden: HPO4-ADN/20
For Amran: HPO4-AMRN/20
For Hodeidah: HPO4-HOD/20
Purpose of division:
Health Department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating live saving and development program in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
The overall objective of health department is to save and improve lives of the targeted beneficiaries and contribute to a reduction in morbidity and mortality amongst Yemen community by supporting Ministry of Public Health and Populations (MOPHP) in provision of key primary, secondary and tertiary health services and other emergency health services prioritizing the most vulnerable groups in collaboration with International donors, I/NGOs, UN agencies and other health/nutrition stakeholders.
The Health Project Officer will be responsible for overall different health project management, technical support and for ensuring that project objectives are on track, which will require him/her to work constructively with colleagues across his/her country team. H/she will provide technical support to project staff according to the projects’ activities and provide support for the health programme at country office.
In addition, the Health officer will on an on-going basis, assess current health needs and assist in program development to secure funding for new projects from a range of donors. He/She will ensure the qualified implementation of the health project in accordance to the national and international guidelines of different health programmes.
He/She will work in close coordination with Nutrition Department and ensure the integration of interventions in the same targeted areas.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff;
- The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
- Monitor the implementation of health projects, prepare implementation plan, tracking of the indicators and ensure the achievement of the project proposed goals, outcomes, outputs and activities.
- Participate in the launching of the projects and participate in all related meetings.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in the governorate as local authorities, health offices at the level of the governorate and district and on the level of the health facility.
- Prepare an implementation plan for the different health projects.
- Implement cholera response activities including operating DTCs and ORCs.
- Facilitate and coordinate for all trainings of health workers in the governorate.
- Ensure the regular collection of the project required data according to the planned activities and indicators following the MOPHP and health cluster data base.
- Conduct regular field visit to the targeted location and ensure the conduction of the daily work and attendance of the health workers.
- Prepare regular timely and high quality monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual donor narrative and financial project report of the different health project and any other reports requested by the donors in accordance to appropriate guidelines.
- Identify project supply needs and coordinate with procurement and logistic team to ensure materials timely arrival.
- Prepare a distribution plan for all supplies planned to be provided in the project.
- Prepare a success story for the different implemented project and ensure satisfied documentation of the project.
- Archiving of all document related to the project and all reports and minute of any conducted meeting.
- Ensure the regular and active representation and attendance of the health sub-cluster meetings and other relevant forums.
- Conduct any other work provided by the health department in the country office.
- Strengthen the health system in the targeted health facilities and work to ensure the sustainability of work after the exit of the project.
- Preferably Bachelor of Medicine or bachelor degree in other equivalent qualifications.
- At least two 2 years of experience in health project design, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated community based health programmes in emergency/relief context.
Experience / Skills
- At least 2 years professional experience in implementing health response programs, preferably in a conflict setting.
- Sound knowledge and experience in primary and secondary health care services.
- Experience in working with NNGOs/NNGOs in developing countries and more so in emergency response programming.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent Microsoft package skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Power-point, Microsoft teams)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only Short–listed candidates will be contacted.