Generalist Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Generalist Field Officer 3 ( Marib )
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B3
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Marib
The Field Officer 3 contributes to the design and autonomously implements and monitors ICRC projects in different fields of activities within the AOR of Marib office, which included as well exploratory mission in Al Jawf area, cross boarding activities on the AAH contexed area in coordination with the structure’s management. He is in charge of substantially supporting Security and the General management of the structure, covering the main Field and security assessment, support in coordinating the logistic in the movement of passengers and trucks/commodities in and out of Marib AoR; support Protection, Assistance, Cooperation and Communication in the implementation of their activities others activities, or other tasks related to, contributing to the representation of the ICRC at local level.
He/she will be in charge of develop and consolidate networking contacts, context analysis and produce analytical analysis on the evolution of context and support the Office and the SAC SD in response to the humanitarian needs in the most multidisciplinary response.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the design/orientations of the programs and projects, implements and follows-up various field activities, with a greater degree of autonomy, in accordance with objectives;
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with the projects and writes analytical related reports
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, analyses the socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC at local and/or national levels. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any change in the situation
- Identifies the main security risks, sets up relevant reporting and evaluation systems of security incidents, threats and trends, advising the structure's management on any security-related events that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and staff or require a change to security framework. Follows up accordingly having an inclusive approach and strong collaboration with other departments.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local or national stakeholders, institutionalising contacts via registering in TS, archiving according to the ICRC standards. In particular with all the local and political authority in Marib to allow/ secure movement of passengers in and out of Marib (via Sehyun) and commodities from Saudi Arabia, Oman, Amman, Aden in strong collaboration with Aden Mission, SAC SD and SAN Logistic (as par SoP).
- Develop and consolidate networking in his AoR, mapping and profiling interlocuters. Produce analytical analysis.
- Participates to and carries out field missions independently, initiating or contributing to the Field Trip Form, Field Trip Proposal and Field Trip Report.
- Ensures administrative and financial follow up of expenses related to the field activities in which he his team leader.
- Lead meeting with interlocuters and produce MoM accordingly.
- May participate in internal and external sessions or briefings on ICRC field activities,
- May manage staff if requested, coordinating team on the field during FT and assessment.
- Internally, interacts with ICRC colleagues in the assigned structure and in the field. With a strong multidisciplinary response.
- Externally, interacts with a network of local interlocutors, such as local authorities, arms carriers, community leaders and civilian society, Non-Governmental and International Organisations, Movement partners, etc. Also interacts with a high-level interlocutor within the security community, on both a local level and international levelof the role remains as per the role description.
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience;
- Fluent knowledge of English or French (or Arabic, Spanish or Russian according to the context)
- Excellent reporting skills ( orally and writing).
- Computer literacy
- Internal trainings and courses such as Staff Integration Program, Leading a Team, Presentation Techniques
- Valid manual driving license
- Professional Experience Required
- Typically 10+ years, mainly with ICRC, confirmed relevant internal / external experience contributing to projects and programs in similar fields.
Professional Experience Required
- Ideally 6 years overall professional experience, including four years' experience in a similar field, of which two years at the ICRC.
- Proven ability to coach other Agronomists.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
- Only short listed will be contacted
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating in the subject line: Generalist Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: 10.08.2020
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.