Ended Communication & Media Specialist
Communication & media specialist
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Communication & media specialist
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 5 Months
Deadline: 08 August, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of social media (Facebook page, Twitter and google+) in coordination with the project manager
- Mapping media professionals in the targeted governorates.
- Media Professional Capacity Building training for the media professionals.
- Joint Content Design – workshops to jointly brainstorm concepts for media content.
- Increase positive social norms around peacebuilders are mainstreamed in local Yemeni communities.
- Drives discussions around topics relate to and under the umbrella of the project’s main topics.
- Develops and maintains good lines of communication with media professionals.
- Ensures the agreed project communications methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns.
- Supervises the production of the final project documentary.
- Produces digital content for the project social media (weekly social media posts across multiple channels, photo stories, and slideshows, digital downloads etc.)
- Manages and update the project social media (accept requests, moderate discussions etc.)
- Gathers and tracks social analytics data on a monthly basis and provide monthly report on activities and the immediate reporting of related any significant issues.
- Works with project team to align social media activities with ongoing project’s activities.
- Produces infographic photo for the project activities.
- Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for media activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Prepare manuals, brochure and other relevant IEC materials on promoting women’s inclusion in peacebuilding.
- Carries out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise project’s activities and gives feedback and guidance to media professionals.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports).
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adherence to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by HR department.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of Yemeni conflict context and previous field experience (preferably in southern Yemen).
- Strong knowledge of local context and dynamics in the target governorates.
skills and languages:
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).