Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Project Manager
Location: Sana’a and Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: 5 Months
Deadline: 08 August, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in partnership with the concerned government authorities, local governorate authorities, directorates and beneficiaries.
• Oversee the implementation of CCCM projects in coordination with the other Project staff.
• Ensure project implementation is according to the required standards/specifications and corresponding timetable of the project.
• Oversee the development of field staff trainings.
• Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents
• Oversee CCCM situational analyses, assessments, and studies in the areas targeted by the institution.
• Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all activities carried out by the field coordinator.
• Supervise and submit periodic studies, reports, and evaluation around CCCM project.
• Prepare evidence-based awareness IEC materials and get them approved by relevant authorities.
• Develop CCCM project under the supervision of Program Manager and donor organizations.
• Oversee project monitoring and evaluation, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
• Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
• Coordinate and communicate along with the relevant government and local authorities within the project framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs.
• Represent YARD in several meetings and events related to the relevant sector and cluster, prepare and present minutes from these meetings to the Program Manager.
• Prepare and send news reports to the Media Officer on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
• Help to prepare project reports and data in coordination with the M&E Officer for Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Administration Business specialization, or a related subject,
• At least 5 years’ experience working development and humanitarian project .
• Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
• Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
• Excellent interpersonal and representative skills(written, oral, cross - cultural)
• Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
• Experience in donor relation
• Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
• Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
• Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
• Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
• Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of YARD
• Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
• Commitment to the aims and principles of YARD.
• English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Strong project management and planning skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with good skills in managing related data analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Knowledge of participatory approaches and tools to community planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrate ability in thinking creatively and practically to improve the quality of projects and problem solving;
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).