Child Protection Assistant
Job title: Child Protection assistant
Direct manager: Education Officer
Place of work: Al Khokha and Al Tuhayta – Al Hudaydah Governorate
Duration: 4 months
Nahda Makers organization (NMO) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Child Protection assistant to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the progress of project activities in relation to child protection, by following up on identified and vulnerable children affected by conflict and / or other situations requiring multidisciplinary support (medical and / or other psychosocial support) and referrals.
- Conduct regular field visits to conduct protection for children and monitor gender-based violence among conflict-affected populations and displaced persons.
- Identify and work with local communities (including IDPs) to prepare for community familiarity; communicate on child protection issues emerging in the community and refer them to organizations working in child protection.
- Contribute and prepare for the work of child protection monitoring reports.
- Participate in surveying needs and selecting vulnerable people in need of humanitarian assistance and interventions.
- Contribute to reports on the humanitarian situation of children affected by armed conflict, child protection and issues related to gender-based violence.
- Assist or perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred in law - sociology - psychology or any related to the job)
- One year experience with humanitarian organizations (preferably related to the protection field )
- Good Skills in written and spoken in Arabic and English.
- Good understanding of international standards related to education including INEE Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with all actors.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and can cope with stressful workload.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skill
- Passionate and self-motivation toward community development.