Ended Education Project Officer
Job Title: Education Project Officer
Location: . Based in Aden (with Frequent field visits to the West Coast districts in Al Hudidah Governoate)
Contract Duration: 4 months renewable
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012, and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Education Project Officer to carry out the following tasks:.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhering to follow and respect NMO's policies and procedures
- Supervising all project activities and supporting project staff (community mobilizers, facilitators, teachers...and others).
- Direct responsibility for managing the activities of the project on a daily basis to achieve the expected outcomes within the time frame in the project plan.
- Evaluating the performance of the field staff under his/her supervision.
- Monitoring the project's implementation and progress in accordance with the objectives, plans and budget.
- Preparing and submitting the procurement requests in a timely manner to facilitate the timely implementation of field activities.
- Co-leading and coordinating in timely mobilization and effective communication with communities and stakeholders during baselines, evaluations and other relevant education project activities
- Contributing to writing high-quality project-related reports (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
- Ensuring timely use of project resources, progress in implementation according to plans, and solve problems immediately.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising staff work plans, work schedules and leave, staff training and development activities.
- Communicating regularly with the Education Program Manager to obtain technical guidance and experience with project-related issues.
- Maintaining open and professional relationships with team members, ensure a friendly and professional work environment and provide opportunities to share lessons learned, observations and challenges.
- Ensuring all project documents are kept in soft and hard copies.
- Familiarity with the standards of child protection and safeguarding policies and commitment to their fulfilment in all educational activities.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Sciences or Psychology.
- Familiarity with INEE standards (emergency education) and child Protection standards.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in working with local or international NGOs preferably in community education and child protection related positions.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- Excellent command of Arabic language skills and English language skills is required.