Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Monitoring, Assessment and Evaluations
- Provide MEAL technical support including MEAL activity plan, methodological design, need assessments, baseline, post distribution monitoring, evaluations and performance data collection for all Oxfam projects in the field office,
- Review and revise data collection tools and survey questionnaires and instruments
- Work closely with Sana’a MEAL team and develop MEAL tools and MEAL activities for new projects and programs.
- Participate and assist Country Office MEAL Manager in preparation of ToR for internal and external evaluations, need assessments and other studies.
- Timely plan and initiate all baselines, end lines and impact evaluations, KAP surveys.
- In consultation with Sana’a MEAL team, EFSL, WASH, Gender and Protection technical team leaders and other program team, develop evaluation design, including specification of the necessary staff and resources to conduct the evaluation.
- Monitor, supervise and coordinate baselines, assessment, evaluations and select and recruit experience enumerators for data collection.
- Prepare internal baseline and evaluation reports with technical support of sector team leaders and officers, review, comment and revise all evaluation reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency.
Capacity Building, Networking and Representation
- Participate in the selection and recruitment of field office MEAL officer and MEAL Assistant and train field MEAL team on Oxfam CAMSA, MEAL frameworks, tools, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- In consultation and collaboration with MEAL Manager, PQ officer and MIS officer assist to build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected.
- Attending Coordination forums that includes humanitarian accountability
- Keep abreast of new MEAL tools and approaches and share with Oxfam MEAL team, programme team
- Facilitate capacity building for field program staff to enable them monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
Data Management and Reporting
- Work closely with Sana’a MEAL team including MEAL Manager, MIS officer, PQ officer and establish and implement digital and offline database system
- Lead and supervise field data collection, data cleaning and analysis for program managers and team leaders and produce report together with sector technical team.
- Review, revise and update all survey and evaluation reports and ensure data quality including timeliness, relevance, accuracy, completeness and consistency of all program data in the field office.
- Review and standardize data collectors training to ensure high quality data collection
Program Quality, Learning and Accountability
- Work closely with Sr MEAL officer and implement beneficiary compliance and feedback mechanism, collect beneficiary complaints and feedback and communicate with field team.
- Collect and share monthly monitoring and accountability reports
- Assist Sr MEAL officer and co-facilitate quarterly after action review including learning and reflection events, stakeholder consultation and proved feedback to program management team.
- Collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager
What we are looking for
- Degree in Economics, Information Technology, Statistics, Demography or related discipline, Public health with hands on MEAL experience
- At least 3 years of practical experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system design and implementation, preferably with a non-government organization.
- Knowledge on humanitarian accountability and understanding of the current accountability initiatives.
- Experience in analysing data using excel, SPSS, Stata and similar data management software
- Knowledge on research and data collection methods and familiarity with statistical tools such as SPSS, KOBO and others (at least two).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.