Liaison and Partnership Officer
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Focal person for Processing Work Permits / travel permits for both international and local staff with all concerned authorities at local level (Hajjah and Hodiedah) (MOPIC- NAMCHA, Government departments ...etc.
- Handles the day to day liaison activities with government offices at field level, as may be necessary.
- Provide coordination & required support for meetings or events with relevant government offices.
- Follow up with the MoPIC/NAMCHA Hajjah and Hodeida and related government offices on signing the MoUs and Sub-agreements on time and ensure the right documentation and communication with the partnership team in Sana'a
- Translation of emails and letters from Arabic to English and vice versa from/to governmental offices.
- Any task reasonably assigned to him/her by his /her line manager or designated person.
- Support and contribution on conducting partners mapping out, partners assessment, capacity building and monitoring visits.
- Assist in maintaining contacts external to the partnership including partners, local NGOs and government offices at the governorate level.
- Supporting on facilitating the meetings arrangements of partners and partnership meetings and documenting the meeting minutes of each meeting.
- Assist the partnership department with tracking the sub-agreements and MoUs at the field level and getting them approved.
- General secretary tasks, including but not limited to calling partners, updating their contact information, documenting meetings with them, preparations for meetings, workshops and trainings’
What we are looking for
- Minimum experience is 3 years doing similar role.
- Education Bachelor degree in social science
- Has experience in deal with authority and local council.
- Very good communication skills – verbal and written in Arabic and English.
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use
- Working Effectively With Others: Following; Supporting Others; Interpersonal Awareness; Communications; Influencing Others
- Regularly drafts standard letters and other written and verbal
Our values and commitment to safeguardin
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile at the following link: