Ended MEAL Field Associate (2)
MEAL Field Associate (2)
Terms of Reference
Division : MEAL.
Location : Shabwah.
Reports to : MEAL Officer.
Duration : 18 Months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Field Associate will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Field Associate will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing the organization Complaint, Feedback, and Response mechanism; tracking/collecting of beneficiaries' information, conducting regular post-distribution monitoring surveys, and collection of human-interest stories. S/he is also responsible for data/information management such as beneficiaries’ database as well as program data.
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data use.
- Working closely with the MEAL Officer to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Assist in clarifying project information needs.
- Conduct regular field visits to closely assess the performance in the field, the quality of the provided services and collect any comments, feedbacks from the beneficiaries.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
- Attend and assist the MEAL officer in conducting the review meeting with the project team, program managers and MEAL focal points to demonstrate the project figures, share any encountered challenges and extrapolate corresponding solutions.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of program data.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions.
- Work closely with the MEAL Manager, Project Manager and program staff to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log-frame is as accurate and up to date as possible, and managed according to agreed processes and standards.
- Collaborate with field office staff and implementing team on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities.
- Conduct evaluation processes such as assessments, baseline/endline, PDMs, DDMs ...etc.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, and data flow chart).
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of project activities.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or information resources.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Write success stories of the beneficiaries receiving assistance.
- Prepare lessons learnt from the project activities.
- Collect and archive photos received from the field.
- Archive the various reports and any other relevant documents with high confidentiality electronically and physically.
- Ensure high quality MEAL reports are submitted on time.
- Collate, analyze, manage and report all program related data, including on-line beneficiaries’ database
- Conduct monthly market monitoring and share the report timely.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Manager/ MEAL Officer.
Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report Post Distribution Monitoring and KAP surveys
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of MEAL findings with project staff, donors, clusters, and primary stakeholders
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the appropriate program.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in the field and, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Assist the MEAL Manager and/or the MEAL Officer to conceptualize, write, and consolidate progress reports, as well as briefing documents and other publications relating to the organization’s implementation.
- Support the Program team in the quarterly, interim, and final narrative reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrates into the final report
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports;
- In coordination with the Information Management Officer, MEAL Manager and MEAL Officer, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording
- Undertake any other duties which may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- BSc/BA degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Information Management, Agricultural Science, Civil Engineering, and other relevant discipline.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in MEAL or project planning.
- Working experience with NGOs.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting evaluations and surveys.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Working knowledge of information collection tools and methodologies, with a particular focus on data analysis and the ability to develop and apply methods and tools for knowledge capturing, preservation and sharing.
- Experience in implementing Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in field-related activities, specially, in the field of cash/food for work in the rural areas is preferred.
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals). Experience in working with WASH and Livelihood projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including database management system.
- File Archiving skills.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent report writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze MEAL data.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.