Ended Admin/Liaison Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Admin/Liaison Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective follow-up of the international immigration process from collection, translation and submission of documents, through to effective and efficient coordination and follow up with SCMCHA/Immigration and other related departments, including ACTED colleagues in other locations, to ensure the completion of visas and residencies of international staff;
- Provide assistance to ensure compilation of the project agreement(s), sub-agreements and relevant work permits and travel permits submitted and obtained from the government authorities (as required);
- Provide assistance as required through day to day liaison with Government counterparts at national and local levels;
- Assist with the superior collecting of information, data and documents relevant to specific project activities and liaise with the reporting and project development department in completing all required paperwork under the government’s regulations;
- Maintain a detailed and up to date Data Base and other records/information as a reference point for administrative and liaison purpose;
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops under the project with the government’s counterpart;
Admin and Safety/Security:
- Secures ACTED premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates;
- Ensure ACTED compound is safe and secure, fences and gates are strong enough and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries;
- Ensure Security guards are well aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty;
- Suggest to the dead of the department any appropriate security/safety measurements to limit and mitigate the security/safety risk and damages of ACTED premises;
- Ensure the head of the department is always updated on the security situations in the country – by e-mail, SMS or other existed communication system.
- Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition;
- Assist in the procession of administrative issues and ensure a good filling system for all files and documents both hard and soft copy;
- Support in various office administrative tasks, as required; and
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least two years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- An established network of contacts amongst local authorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with authorities;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Very good in Arabic and English required.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Admin-Liaison Officer-Sanaa”
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Admin-Liaison Officer).
- The closing date for applications is Saturday, 15 August, 2020
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification