Solidarités International seeks to recruit a: The position will be based in Aden, with 30% of the time spent in the field (Taizz, Hodeidah, Lahj, Abyan, Al Dhale governorates).
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently implementing emergency and early-recovery WASH and Food Security and Livelihood projects in Lahj, Taizz, and Hodeidah governorates. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha.
For the year 20120, Solidarites International is looking at strengthening its emergency response capacity through the establishment of a dedicated, roving team based in Aden with regular field trips.
The duration of the contract will be 4-5 months, with possible extension upon availability of funding
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
Under the direct management of Admin Assistant, the cashier ensures that the cash box and cash books are perfectly maintained, as well as monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting documents.
S/He is in charge of his/her cash box security.
List of main tasks:
- Establish a statement of needs for liquid assets in consultation with the Administrator
- Carry out withdrawals and payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures
- Keep the advance books and cash journal
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Before recording, check that the supporting documents complies with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that accounting documenting are translated if necessary
- Convert currencies at the line manager’s request
- Check cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Archive accounting documents in accordance with Solidarités International procedures, after a final check of supporting documentation
- Ensure cash box security and confidentiality of information
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW)
- Bachelor in BBA Preferred. Good knowledge of office package, experience Cashier positions
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1-year minimum
- Experience in similar context and area.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated & organised
- Ability to spend extended hours on the field
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Admin Assistant
Line report(s) on base: -
Functional manager: Admin Assistant
Functional report(s): -
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International ERT Base by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 18th August 2020