Ended HR/Admin Officer
TITLE: HR/Admin Officer
Under the line management of the HR Manager, The HR Officer is responsible for managing HI human resources and administration, including but not limited to: staff recruitment; staff retention, appraisals and contracting; filing; training; monitoring attendance and collecting supporting documentation in monthly preparation of the Payroll; and other ad hoc tasks.
Line manager: Human Resources Manager
Strong functional link with: Human Resources Coordinator
Team managed: Human Resources Assistant, Cleaners and Cook
Internal Relations: Sana’a Base staff
External Relations: External applicants, Yemen HR, Local Authorities, Insurance companies.
- Ensure proper follow-up of HR Management and Admin issues
- Being the link between the employees and their benefits
- Supervise HR assistants in all aspects and ensure they have proper training on their tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Human Resources Management:
- Opening the new positions, Screening and longlisting the candidates and provide the results for the HR Manager.
- Conducting and planning the interviews within coordination with projects heads for all candidates.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters for the selected candidates issue them.
- Ensure HI’s administration and HR procedures and guidelines are clearly communicated to all staff, including through the dissemination of official notes and memos, and the introduction of new employees to HI’s procedures and regulations.
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process.
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through HI established mechanisms and ensures HI Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times.
- Focal point for the liaison with Health & Life Insurance Company on all related issues & serve as the liaison with service providers on all staff health insurance issues.
- Develop and maintain an accurate staff database.
- Prepare the payroll sheet according to the time sheets and submitted to the HR Manager in a monthly basis.
- Tracking the annual and sick leaves for each staff on a monthly basis.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, clarification of policies, interpreting and administering contracts and helping solve work-related problems
- Ensure that all new employees received their mandatory trainings and have set performance objectives for their probation period and receive the confirmation letter to file it.
- Ensure implementation of appraisal processes as per HI’s internal rule and regulations.
- Ensure that all HI employee are registered for insurance and taxes.
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Personnel Policy.
- Responsible for providing efficient and effective office administration.
- Directly supervise cleaners and managing their schedules.
- Maintain timely and efficiently stocking of pantry items/ equipment, coffee, tea, sugar cream etc (maintain stock register).
- Oversee/supervise all construction/ repair work at the GC Office building and guesthouse. Ensure all appliances in use including air-conditioning units, generator sets and other fixed assets are working and in good condition.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure administrative and logistics arrangements are made for expatriates and national staff traveling:
- Update the Movement tracker sheet tool with relevant and accurate information
- Ensure itinerary is approved and validated (included itinerary for expatriates R&R)
- Act as main focal point for UNHAS flight tickets (request for booking, cargo forms, analysis of passengers movement and justification on any flight cancelled or no-show, request for payment, etc.)
- Arrange for any transportation besides flights needed (airport pick-up and drop-off, etc.)
- Coordinate with the HQ on arrival and departure of international staff for HI Yemen whether as expatriates or visitors
- Provide necessary information for the travel: recap of itinerary, taxi arrangements, welcome packs, phones and keys for Amman, etc.
This job description remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager. A high degree of flexibility is required from successful applicants.
Qualifications & Experience:
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (business administration)
- At least 3 years of experience in the same position (HR)
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Detail-oriented and good record keeper
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications
- Good time management with the ability to prioritize
- Good numerical skills
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Written and spoken English essential.
- Proven ability to organize work effectively.
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use.
Willingness and ability to travel
- Travel in and around Sana’a and Amanat Al Asimah and / or other governorates may be required.
- For operational reasons, you may be asked to start working in Sana'a office.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in SANA’A, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2020/SUPORT/HR&ADMINOff/SAH+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Tuesday 18th Aug 2020
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Yemen mission takes place in a sensitive environment regarding security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employee commits to observe utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause will lead to disciplinary action and have immediate dismissal as a result.