Ended Consultants (External Evaluation)
CONSULTANCY CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROJECT MID-TERM EVALUATION / YEMEN
MdM is an international solidarity association which has a mission to cure the most vulnerable populations who are living in situations of crisis and exclusion throughout France and the world.
Brief presentation of the project
MdM has been working in Yemen since 2007, focusing to improve access to free quality comprehensive Primary Health Care services including mental health psychosocial support services (MHPSS), nutrition components and life-saving referral to secondary level for the conflict affected population of Yemen.
As of today, MdM supports a total of 16 HFs in 5 governorates both in the North and the South of Yemen. The Project is financed through funds provided by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) in Yareem/Ibb, Lahj and Abyan governorates, and the Directorate-general for Development Cooperation (DGD) in Sanaa governorate and Amanat Alasimah- Sanaa city.
The project targets the general population and IDPs in the selected HFs focusing on the most vulnerable groups especially children under 5 years, women in general, women in reproductive age and the vulnerable groups.
MDM’s approach is working in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Population (MoPHP) to support delivering integrated Primary Health Care services in selected health facilities. At the community levels, MdM supports identified community volunteers from the target communities to provide health education activities and MHPSS activities.
2. Objectives of the consultancy
The general objective of this mid-term evaluation is to assess the relevance of the project for the given situation, capture the achievements and challenges of the programs to date, in order to foster the sustainability of the project until its end date.
More specifically, the evaluation will focus on:
- The full package of basic health service delivery with focus on the supported Health Facilities (HFs) to provide the minimum service package of free integrated PHC service (including Reproductive Health) to the target population.
- Mental health and psychosocial support through established counselling and listening points for individual sessions in the designated HFs by the MDM psychologists.
- Health education (HE) activities through identified community volunteers (CVs) from the target communities.
It is expected from the evaluation to draw recommendations and include lessons learnt that will be used for informed decision making to improve and adapt the program interventions in the further programming while responding to the evolving needs and situations of MdM intervention. However, although the main aim is about learning, the mid-term evaluation will also ensure accountability towards the donors and the project beneficiaries.
3. Required profile
Qualifications and experience requested:
- Relevant university degree
- Strong understanding of and ability to operationalize key project concepts: integrated primary health care and MHPSS;
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, data base management and analysis methods;
- Proven track record in conducting data collection and evaluation studies;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal communication skills, including coordination, facilitation and presentation;
- Fluent in English -both spoken and written with Arabic language an asset.
- Ability to adapt and work in insecure environment and managing security risks
- Able to travel in difficult context i.e governorates/districts in Yemen context;
- Professional experience within an NGO, with better understanding of the constraints in the field and credibility with teams, knowledge of MDM is a plus.
- Experience of working in Yemen is a plus
Application deadline : 28/08/2020 at 5pm (CET)
Deadline for a complete proposal: 20/09/2020 at 5pm (CET)
Required start date for the assessment: 06/10/2020
‘Field’ phase of the consultancy: 21 days, between 02/11/2020 and 30/11/2020
Required date for the hand-over of the definitive report: 20/01/2021
This schedule is indicative and is subject to modifications.
Documents to be submitted
The consultant(s) who wish to apply to this call for expression of interest, must transmit:
- A CV (maximum 3 pages)
- A cover letter (maximum 3 pages) indicating: experience in similar conditions, references regarding the execution of analogue contracts and dates when available to consult
These applications must be sent to the following email address:
email@example.com with as the reference subject “Yemen/Mid-term evaluation” before 28/08/2020 at 5 pm (Paris time/CET)
A maximum of six candidates will be short-listed and invited to submit a complete proposal replying to the terms of reference which will be sent to them.