Ended District Field Engineer (2)
District Field Engineer (2)
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Position: District Field Engineer (2)
Location: Sana’a- Sa’fan & Manakhah
Reports to: Project Officer
Duration: Till February 28, 2021
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the assessment officer is in charge of the implementation of field diagnostics and emergency intervention.
The assessment officer is in charge of supporting any program department for field diagnostic, survey or intervention upon request from the Emergency supervision.
List of main tasks:
- Under the supervision, participate in the administrative and logistical organization, planning and preparation reports.
- In the context of a field move, establishes contact and relations with local actors.
- Participate in the identifies the local resources who may help in the preparation and achievement of the activities of FFA .
- • Takes charge of the collection of data: evaluates the vulnerabilities and needs of populations, as well as primary needs in case of urgent and acute problems .
- Participate in planning and implementation of multi-sectorial activities upon request from the FFA Manger.
- Carry out enumeration and creation of beneficiaries list.
- Collaborates with the local stakeholders and authorities during intervention, upon the FFA Manger request.
- Carry out properly post intervention monitoring activities according to RI internal guidelines.
- Apply the security procedures in the context of field activities.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the offices of RI accessible to the activity in-charge and/or Supervisor
- Collect and transmits to the team leader any statistics and documents linked to evaluations
- Report to the team leader on the evolution of activities and specific tasks entrusted to him/her, problems met, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries, population and local stakeholders.
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of RI or security concerns
- Participate in debriefings and restitution meetings.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by the Project Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Civil Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the field and working with local communities.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation particularly related to food insecurity.
- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities with willingness to travel locally to follow-up on implementation as required.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight August 23, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted