Ended Program Support Officer – YNGO Capacity Building (Aden)
Program Support Officer – YNGO Capacity Building
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for all administrative and logistical aspects of the capacity building program for local NGOs in the North of Yemen. This includes liaising with YNGO partners, leading administrative and logistical planning for all capacity building trainings for both YNGO partners and Cluster partners, and supporting data collection and MEAL functions. The postholder must be dedicated to supporting local organizations to strengthen program quality and effectiveness and passionate about capacity building.
This position offers many opportunities for learning and development and the postholder should be enthusiastic about professional development and building their own knowledge and skills.
This position works closely with Project Specialists on the same project and with a Project Officer in the South. Field travel is required.
Training needs assessments and partnership management
- Support partner selection process for national NGOs including communication with potential partners
- Work closely with grants team to support EOI and RFA processes, including liaising with potential partners to answer questions and guide application process, and translation and summary of applications
- Support positive and productive relations with selected NNGOs across the country
Training plan and materials development
- Support the development of relevant and high quality training materials including editing, formatting, and dissemination
Implementation of training
- Lead on planning and support delivery of all capacity building trainings including liaising with participants before, during, and after the trainings
- Lead on administrative arrangements for trainings including venue, accommodation, and transport
- Print and collate all training materials and support materials
- Provide support for online and face to face training, including technical support for online learning events
- Procurement of supplies for all capacity building activities
Accountability and reporting
- Work closely with QA team to gather impact stories and MEAL data from YNGO partners for both donor reports and partner projects
- Work closely with the Specialists to document the impact and lessons learned of activities, including collating and summarising data
- Provide input for monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working or volunteering with an INGO or NNGO
- Experience in administration or event logistics
- Experience dealing with national partners or local/government authorities
- Good knowledge of Yemen context
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Professional background in working in contexts with internally displaced persons and/or refugees, experience working in multicultural work settings, or experience with training is desirable
Degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field is desirable
- English language (Fluent)
- Arabic language (desirable)
Contract length: Till 31/07/2021, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
Work place: Aden
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Aug 26th, 2020.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo