Ended Office Cleaner
Terms of Reference
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (Diakonie Emergency Aid, DKH) Yemen Office
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) is a German non-government organization that renders humanitarian aid in 36 countries across the world. DKH supports people who are affected by natural disasters, war and displacement and who are not able to cope on their own in the emergency situation they find themselves in. The work is guided by the Humanitarian Principles and the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS). It is DKH's approach to work through a global network of partner organisations. DKH is part of the Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie und Entwicklung e.V. (EWDE), one of the biggest welfare institutions in Germany.
DKH provides technical and other backstopping support to all partner organisations within its area of responsibility. It also continuously aims at increasing and further strengthening relations with local partners on the ground and building their capacities. For this purpose, in addition to project and program support, DKH has launched a partner-tailored regional Capacity Building programme, targeting all strategic partners.
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Admin Manager with the equirements of the cleaning specification and safe working procedures.
In June 2019, DKH has successfully registered in Yemen to work with government agencies, national partner organizations, and the wider humanitarian community to provide emergency response and resilience building initiatives across the country.
DKH is now implementing several interventions for the provision of life-saving emergency response with selected civil society organizations in Yemen, with further projects in the pipeline. DKH is operating from its office in Aden and the registration process in Sana´a is ongoing.
DKH recognizes that there is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all DKH security policies and procedures. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Location: Aden, Yemen.
Period: One year, renewable
Reporting: Admin Officer
Responsibilities: Working under the supervision of the Admin Manager, the following tasks shall be fulfilled:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean the Office / Guest house (collect and dispose rubbish; clean the floor, windows, office rooms and furniture, guest house rooms and beds, etc.)
- Keep the office in good working order;
- Washing clothes and ironing of all expat.
- Removing rubbish.
- Ensure that all the cleaning products and kitchen Supplies such as tea/coffee/sugar are available and store them in a safe place;
- Ensure that the office is in good hygienic conditions;
- Ensure that the guest house is in good residential order and hygienic conditions;
- Operate machines used for cleaning including vacuum cleaner, laundry machine and iron, etc.
- Inform the Admin manager of any problem, maintenance needs concerning the building;
- To ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- To ensure that safe working practices are applied at all times
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor for the maintenance of the office or guesthouse.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- High sense of responsibility and initiative. Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a team and a multicultural environment.
- Basic English and fluency in Arabic
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
DKH team members are expected to support all efforts for increased accountability towards the beneficiaries while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
To view all the ToRs in a PDF format, please download the attached file below
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to:
Please mention, the Job Title in the Subject Field of your email