Ended Low- Voltage Technician
Low- Voltage Technician
Test, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electronic systems that are part of District buildings, including, but not limited to, fire alarm, temperature control, security, card access, intercom, clock, sound and scoreboard systems. Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and initiate work orders to repair deficiencies. Perform inspections of new construction and renovation projects. Perform programming, data backup and restoration functions for electronic systems. Maintain and update drawings and documentation for electronic systems.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree or two-year college certificate in electronics.
- Four years of experience in related trade.
- Experience as maintenance and repair technician in public sector is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on department or building assignment
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Lead by example, demonstrating an attitude of safety, cost control, asset management, and professionalism to all in direct supervision.
- Manage assets/equipment such as vehicle, phone, computer, camera, tools, etc.
- Control costs of services (hotels, mobile phone, job supplies, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate with the support staff and fellow crewmembers to follow a work project plan.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency, productivity, and customer service
- Handle logistics, including mobilization to the job site, shipping materials and tools between the job site and warehouse, and handling travel changes necessary to complete work on time according to the schedule.
- Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project including tools, consumable supplies, grounding wire, Velcro, lugs, etc.
- Clean and maintain job site, tools, and vehicles.
- Works from plans, schematics, and diagrams to plan and install electrical components and wiring/wiring harnesses using a variety of termination methods (lugs, soldering, molded connectors, etc.)
- Perform inspections, testing, servicing, and installation of communications equipment, mechanical systems, and electrical wiring harnesses.
- Remove/replace cabinet components for access to work areas; Terminate and remove discarded equipment.
- Follow workplace safety procedures.
- Promote proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Performing other duties as required by the position which may include, but are not limited to shipping and receiving materials, warehouse inventory, and preparing materials for field work.
- Daily reports, daily photos, closeout reports for each job location and additional reports as needed.
- Strong organization, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and understand safety/health policies and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customer representatives and governmental agencies.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to use all needed hand tools for routing, securing, and terminating wire and wiring harnesses
- Ability to remove, disconnect, and replace equipment doors, top covers, chassis components, etc.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to solder and de-solder 18-22 AWG wire with quality results.
- Ability to use a multimeter and other device for testing purposes
- Ability to read instructions, write reports, complete forms
- Proficiency with MS Office applications. Ability to (positively) influence others.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Passion, drive, excellent work ethic, and ability to self-start without direct supervision.
- Typically, indoors but may be outdoors and may be subject to temperature and noise levels.
- Able to drive to and from work sites and additional locations as required to complete the project.
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs or ladders as necessary.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs. occasionally.
- Able and willing to do extensive travel away from candidate’s home market, including potential international travel.
- Candidate is subject to a reference check, credit check, or background investigation and may be required to meet other suitability criteria
- Must be able to produce written verification of certifications and training.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English to the below email address: email@example.com
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email address