Education M&E Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Education M&E Officer
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Under the supervision of the M&E Senior Officer the M&E Officer who will be based in Al Dhale` will work with the IRC Education program “Improving Access to Quality Education in Yemen (IAQY), with the goal of restoring education opportunities for out-of-school children (OOSC) in Yemen". The main objective of this position is to ensure that all Education program data, including teacher and child attendance, teacher training, and community engagement data is accurately collected, analyzed, and documented and make sure all data are collected and reported on time based on education project indicators in a way to inform timely decision making and program quality. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in information management, preferably with experience in database management, monitoring and evaluation, and experience with multi-stakeholder arrangements. The M&E Officer will supervise one data management assistant and five M&E Assistants in the Al Dhale` targeted districts.
- Lead the development and design of databases and ensure that beneficiaries data is tracked in a timely manner
- Support Education Manager in coordination with the education cluster database, lead the duplication check and routine update of IRC beneficiary database.
- Adapt and develop IRC Education program database and tools as required to ensure appropriate and efficient management of IRC Education program data needs. Identify and address errors within the IRC Education program databases.
- Ensure education databases are always up to date and accurate.
- Follow information management confidentiality protocols without exceptions.
- Fix any bugs and issues with IRC Education program database team.
- Ensure that all data tools and processes are technically robust and are rolled out to field teams.
- Answer questions and queries on database use and management.
- Develop and control user access permissions for each segment of the database according to program management specifications.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the Education program Data Management Assistant.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Train and support education staff to ensure accurate data collection through tablets\ paper base and mobile technology when required.
- Coordinate and work closely with M&E Senior officer to updated on achievements against each indicator and provide them with the monthly required information.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of PDM (post-distribution monitoring), baseline, and end-line assessment data for each IRC education project.
- Analyze assessment data, based on the analysis plan and support the education Coordinator, managers, and key members to ensure results feed relevantly into program design and implementation plans to facilitate evidence-based programming.
- Generate reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Work closely with the M&E team and share beneficiary count on monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Education Coordinator to provide needed information and data on time.
- Do other duties as assigned by the supervisors to effectively develop and implement IRC programs.
Key Working Relationships:
- Post-Graduate degree Social Science, Development or related subject area or College degree with 3-5 years’ experience in M&E.
- Shown technical skills in Monitoring and Evaluation at the field level.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and presentation skills.
Specific skills for the post
- Competence in using Information Technology (IT) including Word, Excel.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل