Field Assistants (SNFI / CCCM / WASH) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position : Field Assistants (SNFI / CCCM / WASH)
- Organizational Unit: CCCM-SNFI-WASH Unit
- Duty Station: Yemen, Taizz
- IOM Classification: Ungraded
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Daily Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: CFCV2021.058
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Project Assistant, the Junior Field Assistant will support and provide humanitarian assistance to persons in need.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Participate in conducting assessments and surveys of sites, collecting information on overall services available.
2. Participate in verification of beneficiaries as required, and in coordination with the Project Assistant.
3. Contribute to monitoring technical works and distributions as and when required to IDPs, returnees, host communities, migrants and other individuals selected for assistance under IOM’s various assistance programs, if and when required.
4. As guided by the Project Assistant and Field Assistant, support in monitoring disbursements of funds and financial service providers, ensuring assistance provided is as per agreed amounts.
5. As necessary, support other teams with technical assessments, including the preparations of the assessment tools and focus group sheets and post distribution monitoring activities.
6. Participate to provide advice and support beneficiaries to obtain ID cards, working closely with the Field Team Leader, as and when required.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or Bachelors degree (with one year of experience)
- Experience in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals. Preferable technical experience in engineering works.
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل