Ended BSFP Distribution Monitor
Position: BSFP Distribution Monitor – (1)
Location: Sanaa- Bani Dhabyan Dis
Vacancy Reference Number: BSFP- DM – San -BD/20
Reporting to Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) Officer, the BSFP Distribution Monitor will be responsible to ensure that BSFP (at the respective Governorate level) is executed in line with the national and international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines and it demands ability to manage, organize and support all aspects of the project. Coordinate and liaise with other agencies including UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA at Governorate/district/community level in order to effectively implement BSFP and other related project activities in a cost effective manner. The staff will always ensure involvement of defacto authorities throughout the process to reinforce the system’s role for support and strengthening the project.
- Work in close collaboration with Community Nutrition Volunteers (CNVs) to conduct registration and verification of BSFP beneficiaries using the standard registration materials in close collaboration with local authorities/leaders
- Tracking of all BSFP commodities from WFP warehouse to the targeted Food Distribution Points – food request, transportation, offloading and finally distribution to targeted beneficiaries
- Organize, arrange and supervise distribution of BSFP commodities to the project beneficiaries in the right entitlements as per the laid down protocols
- Conduct regular meetings with project beneficiaries, local authorities and community members at large to ensure that the project goals, objectives, activities, targeted beneficiaries and entitlement of each beneficiaries are well understood
- Follow up to ensure that all reports at field level are accurately prepared and submitted to the line supervisor on a timely basis.
- Develop distribution plans and help CNVs to conduct community mobilization prior to distribution days
- Compile documentation of best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
- Report periodically to the line supervisor on any relevant issues regarding food management, distribution and other related issues including complains/suggestions
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Identify potential problems of the program at field level and discuss remedial action with project office or report to appropriate project office in charge.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies)
- Identification and recruitment of Community Nutrition Volunteers, training them and maintaining accurate database of their bio-data and the monthly reports.
- Work closely with IRY General Food Distribution Team at field level to ensure smooth implementation of BSFP component in an integrated manner.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by direct line supervisor.
- The applicant must have experience working in Bani Dhabyan and familiar dealing with the local community and preferably to be a resident of the area where he can move smoothly inside the area without obstacles.
- Experience in BSFP, Food Aid programmes or community based nutrition intervention preferably in emergency context.
- Knowledge of latest developments in nutrition and food security
- Knowledge and practical experience of the national/international Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) protocols and BSFP Programming is an advantage
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop clear and precise reports
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Previous experience working for I/NGO is an asset
- Proficient in computer application (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Good in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with program areas/ applicant from the same location is highly desired
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
At least a degree or diploma in Nutrition, Food Security or health related course.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.