Ended Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Field Monitor
The purpose of the Field monitor position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Emergency project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of the emergency response assistance at the local level, in close collaboration with the emergency response team and with the participation of beneficiaries.
- Proactively participate in new IDPs registration and verification based on the locations they settled in.
- Monitor and review the overall RRM Kits movements such as deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the sites and verify if the amounts received have been properly matching the total number of Households planned to be assisted and distributed.
- Oversee the distribution of RRM items at the site sand ensure proper distribution of entitlements. Verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to the team leaders.
- Assist in conducting regular meetings with community leaders, IDPs representatives and, distribution arrangements, RRM kits entitlements and other relevant issues.
- In consultation with the Emergency Response Security Assistants ensure women access to their entitled assistance.
- Receive complaints and feedback and ensure that the complaints
- are addressed either by themselves or channelling them to the relevant party to address.
- Report periodically to the team leaders on relevant events regarding RRM kits management, distribution and other related issues.
- Identify potential problems in the distribution and discuss remedial action with project authorities or report to appropriate personnel.
- Supervise and train RRM kits and MPCA distributors (who will be casual workers).
- Ensure RRM kits distribution teams compliance with all NRC administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as donors regulations.
- Assist in managing beneficiary data as required.
- Ensure that the distribution security plan is adhered to in all distribution points.
- Actively monitor and report to the Emergency Response Assistants (ERAs) on the on-going security environment within the operational area.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- The remaining of the responsibilities can be seen in the attached file.
The remaining of the responsibilities can be seen in the attached file.
- Secondary School is applicable.
- Proven experience working in a humanitarian and in emergencies in the first line response.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- The candidate should be from the same location and has good knowledge about the context.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field.
- Knowledge of the context in Hajja particularly Aslam.
- Proven experience and knowledge in emergency response and food security (beneficiary targeting, community mobilization and distribution of cash, voucher or in-kind RRM 3Uns Kits).
- Skills related to participatory methods.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
We can offer
- Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Aslam residents are highly preferred.
To apply, click on the following link: