Ended Protection Reporting Officer
National Staff Position
Position: Protection Reporting Officer
Job site: Aden
Reports to: Project Manager, Head of Mission
Status: Full time staff
Cooperates with: Data Entry Officers, Activity Coordinators, Case Management Supervisors, Post Distribution Monitoring Officers, Protection Monitoring Coordinator, Community Engagement Coordinators, Cash Distribution Officer
Supervises: N/A but supports the Project Manager in team capacity building on reporting
General: The Reporting Officer is in charge of collecting data and verifying its accurateness, preparing monthly and ad hoc reports upon request from the Project Manager, using the specific tools provided.
INTERSOS is implementing a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’. The project addresses some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected communities in Taiz, Lahj, Aden, and Hadramout.
INTERSOS supports IDPs, Returnees and Host Communities/conflict affected local communities. The project ensures: legal assistance, basic case management (providing PSS/PSFA and ensuring quality referral), and unconditional cash for the most vulnerable and high-risk cases. INTERSOS conducts protection monitoring exercises in the targeted areas through community-based protection monitoring teams (protection monitors combined with outreach volunteers from the IDP and Host Communities). The movements and needs of the IDPs are constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Smart tools are used for information collection (household assessments and community level assessments) to better tailor assistance to IDPs and to be shared with other humanitarian partners. Eventually, local communities are empowered through support to Community Based Protection Networks (CBPNs) in hard to reach areas, which flag protection concerns and function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and check weekly reports from various colleagues; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Manage large amounts of data from excel files and databases, extract relevant information and provide prompt follow up to activity coordinators, cash distribution officer and post distribution monitors;
- Ensure that databases are up to date and matching with activities and reporting, that data are ready and clean for analysis;
- Produce qualitative and quantitative monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the Project Manager;
- Ensure Activity Info (UNHCR indicator monitoring platform) is updated on a monthly basis and within donor’s deadline.
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;
- Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools upon request of donor, clusters, working groups;
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the PM any particular trend or protection risk identified;
- Support the data-entry officers from all bases in ensuring all databases are updated and clean, while sensitive data is adequately protected;
Commit to participate in any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objective.
Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in reporting, if for protection-related programming this will be considered as an asset
- Familiarity with smart data collection and KoBo/ODK tools
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic protection principles and confidentiality
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Excellent writing and computer skills (especially excel)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Flexibility in working hours with a solution-oriented approach
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Deadline for submission of application: 21. Sep 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Mention “Protection Reporting officer ” in the subject of your e-mail