Ended Food Security Program Assistant
Position: Food Security Program Assistant– (1)
Vacancy Reference Number: FS -PA– San /20
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The Food Security & Livelihood sector in IRY is the department that concerns the developmental and support to communities through provision of food security, livelihood, and agriculture, working closely with the WASH sector in order to provide immediate and long term assistance to affected communities contributing to the humanitarian response in Yemen and saving lives and ensuring minimum nutrition needs while also creating opportunities and income generation activities for beneficiaries to increase their resilience
Under the direct supervision of the FSL Program Coordinator, the Food Security Program assistant will be responsible to manage and follow up on Food security projects in the department.
- Draft budgets and concept notes for food security projects
- Process and follow up on procurement and tendering of food baskets for the dedicated projectes in country office
- Track projects implementation and follow up on progress and achievements
- Ensure SoPs and guidelines of distributions are followed including covid-19 and the required precautions in place
- Ensure the latest MFB by the FSAC and all other guidelines respected and followed
- Prepare clear and timely implementation and procurement plans and ensure field teams adhere to them
- Tracking budget and expenditure and ensure any savings are utilized on a timly manner
- Collect and document food distributions data and prepare reports
- Coordinate with media department and ensure proper documentation according to donors guidelines
- Ensuring all visibility/communication materials are aligned with IRY, donors, and other partners' policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate with MEAL for reporting and conduction and review of PDMs
- Keep record of lessons and compliance with IRY MEAL framework
- Coordinate with field offices for the delivery of projects and their activities in field offices
- Report and highlight any delays in implementation or changes needed to the program coordinator
- Track indicators and report against the monthly IPPT reporting system
- Prepare and submit monthly FSAC reports
- Organize and hold kick off, mid-term review, and closure meetings for food security projects
- Draft and submit timely and high quality final reports for the projects
- Perform and in any assigned tasks by the program coordinator.
- University degree in social sciences, development studies, or equivalent
- A 2-year experience in a related position with INGOs/NGOs.
- Experience in working for NGOs or INGOs on recovery and development fields with a two years of relevant experience.
- English-language Excellence (speaking, reading, writing).
- Excellent writing, communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. S/he must be able to respond quickly to requests for information.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
D) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Ability to deal and communicate with people from different cultural backgrounds.
E) PROBLEM-SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to solve issues and problems.
F) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Ability to travel independently to the targeted governorates when required.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.