Ended Team Leader - Supply Chain (Re-Advertised)
Team Leader - Supply Chain
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
Responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods and people, with a focus on vehicle fleet management, and general Supply Chain support to the programme
Support and administration
• Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
• Develop and maintain relevant data base including DRC Dynamics
• Weekly and monthly status reports
• Effective Warehouse Management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
• Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the supply chain team
• Coordination of programme staff to ensure supply chain involvement in the whole programme cycle
• Assist in the Procurement of all goods and services
• Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
• Assist in the tracking of all orders, purchases and deliveries
• Ensure that all supply chain specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
• Effective Fleet Management activities in North Yemen.
• Optimize all supply chain operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
• Supporting Fixed asset management activities
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP- DRC Dynamics supply chain processes
• Assist with any other reasonable task as directed by the Supply Chain Manager / NW Area Manager.
Required experience and competencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Relevant university degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 year of experience in similar positions
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel.
Contract length: Till 28/02/2021, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
Work place: Abs
Start date: 01/10/2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (MG).
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Sep 19th , 2020. We expect to conduct interviews on Sep 20th, 2020.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com. If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo