Ended Civil Engineer
Position: Civil Engineer (1)
Department: Shelter / CCCM Project
Location: in Al-Hudaydah governorate
Starting date: 1 Oct 2020
End Date: 21 Sept 2020
General purpose of the position:
With the support and supervision of project manager, the tasks of the civil engineer will be the correct implementation according to the bill of quantities and specifications, and the instructions of the project manager and camp planning according to the established standards.
- Prepare BoQs.
- Prepare required technical designs needed for the projects activities.
- Follow up on the technical survey and data analysis.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Designing an AutoCAD layout for camps, reviewing them with project manager and implementing them on the ground.
- Create monthly plans based on the master plan.
- Provide technical and professional support to the field team and volunteers.
- Write and submit all kinds of required reports.
- Follow up the installation of tents in their specific locations according to the plans and teach the beneficiaries how to install.
- Attend regular and urgent meetings as required.
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and project tasks.
- Supervising steps of installing TSK and inventory of the TSK that are installed daily.
Bachelor degree in civil engineering or a related technical field.
Experience and Skills:-
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in similar responsible position or related programs with NGOs.
- Proficiency in English (Writing and Speaking)
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft office.
- Proficiency in writing report in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Communication skill with others.
- Work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Sense of creativity and initiative essential.
Click on this link and fill the form: