To run official transport errands with people and cargo/materials to the destinations as instructed by approved NRC officers for 6 days a week.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive staff and NRC visitors on official duties, on instruction fleet in charge.
- Maintain real-time logbook for all trips undertaken.
- Pick, drop and circulate mail, letters, contracts, proposals, documents and cargo/materials to the required destination.
- Operate the NRC designated vehicle in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain assigned NRC vehicle in proper operating condition at all times including fueling, securing, cleaning, timely minor repairs and reporting to the Supervisor of required major repairs.
- In liaison with the Fleet In-Charge arrange for major repairs and servicing of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the required legal and other documents and equipment. including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts and tools.
- Report immediately eventualities like accidents and breakdowns to the fleet in charge/head driver.
- Ensure that all the necessary records and forms related to the assigned vehicles are used and filled properly filled as required by NRC policies.
- Professional competencies
- High School diploma with basic maintenance knowledge.
- A minimum of Grade two valid driving licenses.
- Good command of English language.
- Ability to work flexibly including weekends.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations.
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as Driver with humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Can prioritize tasks and manage pressure.
- Can work with different environment without feeling intimidated.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
We can offer
- we offer one year contract.
To apply, please click on the following link:
“Only CVs and applications submitted in Webcruiter will be considered. NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on candidates.”