Ended Accountability Assistant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open ended
Duty Station: ADEN
The Accountability Assistant will remain responsible to uphold and implement Accountability minimum standards during the implementation of programs. H/She will collect and process the complaints/feedback from community and provide timely feedback to communities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To ensure that accountability to beneficiaries and transparency become integral part of all program interventions.
- To receive and register complaints and their responses in complaint database in the assigned area.
- Makes sure that complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond and communicate with the beneficiaries in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback.
- Provides support in ensuring that all the ICRC EcoSec intervention has accountability panaflexes/banners.
- Keeps regular follow up of complaints and update the CRM database on daily basis.
- Carry out field visits regularly with the implementation teams during registration, verification, distribution and monitoring activities for different M&E and Accountably tasks.
- Ensure display of program standards (panaflexes) at each of program delivery site.
- Handles complaints as per Monitoring & Evaluation guidelines and shares the information with relative staff member.
- Assist Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in all M&E tasks including monitoring reports, assessments and studies.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: (sub-)delegation or office.
- Internally, interacts mainly with colleagues at the local level.
- Externally, interacts with local contacts (members of the population, community leaders, local authorities, NGOs, etc.) upon request from their direct supervisor.
Experiences, Certifications/Education Required
- Professional degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years’ experiences in a similar field.
- Good Command (spoken and written) English.
- Experience working for a NGO or international organisation will be an asset.
- Highly motivated, proactive, honest and transparent.
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- · Letter of Motivation in English
- · C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- · Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Accountability assistant
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 16.09.2020