Ended MEAL Officer
Job Title: MEAL Officer
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: September 17th, 2020
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: Three Months renewable based on funding availability and performance.
Duty Station: Based in Hajjah governorate with field visits to the projects’ locations
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to:MEAL Manager
Written Test: Required
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and Increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
This position reports to the MEAL Manager and is mainly responsible for all MEAL related tasks in Hajjah governorate for two projects currently (a Nutrition project funded by WFP and a WASH project funded by YHF). The MEAL officer will provide technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including rigorous field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, accountability, and learning activities. The position holder will work closely with the programs teams in conducting field monitoring, support capacity-building, and facilitate the collection of quality data. S/he will work according to RDP MEAL department policies and conduct all regular MEAL tasks, as well as provide ongoing support in reviewing progress reports and documents. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing RDP's Complaint and Feedback Mechanism in collaboration with the CFM unit; tracking/collecting of beneficiaries' information, sensitizing them about their rights and the CFM, and conducting regular post-distribution monitoring surveys. The person will spend an induction period in Ibb governorate before reporting to Hajjah office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility of conducting all MEAL standard tasks with the assigned project/s that includes the following;
- Develop/update comprehensive MEAL plans for the project activities, indicators, MoVs collection, field visits, and other MEAL tasks related to measuring the projects outcomes and outputs.
- Design the required MEAL tools for the project including the Indicators tracking tools, templates, checklists, and other tools as required.
- Develop and follow-up the project reporting matrix in close coordination with the designated programs staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Conduct and supervise the data collection, analyzing, and quality check of data and activities implemented.
- Conduct the monitoring field visits to the project locations in order to carry out technical monitoring, verify that the field works are implemented with timeline and according to the standards of nutrition and WASH, as well as national & international quality standards.
- As required, assisting in development and improvement of the technical supervision plans.
- Prepare the required monitoring checklists, and reflecting the key findings and follow-up issues of the field visits in a specific Field Monitoring/Evaluation Report template and follow-up essential issues with concerned staff in a continuous process.
- Conduct monthly performance analysis and presentations.
- Implement RDP’s Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and ensure that RDP’s AAP approach is mainstreamed in all of projects’ activities.
- Prepare for evaluation missions and workshops according to specific ToRs.
- Ensure reliable and regular archiving of projects’ MoVs and documents.
- Participate mainly in new surveys, needs assessments, PDMs, etc.
- Support the field team meetings and compile/ follow up on action-positive and timely feedback.
- Ensure all project staff understands and adhere to the project logical frame work, indicators and goals.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to field team.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor
- A university degree is required in public health or engineering;
- 2-3 years of professional work experience in NGOs, and field work experience;
- Experience in Nutrition, Health and WASH interventions, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards is essential;
- Fluent English language, written and spoken in essential with strong reporting skills;
- Strong technical experience in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis tools (KoboCollect, ONA, SPSS);
- Experience in technical reports writing (PDM, Needs Assessments, Baselines, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure, conduct travel missions and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to https://forms.gle/yCi7783eekaAKfNGA not later than September 17th, 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org
RDP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.