Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Length of Time: 12 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Aden with frequent and extended travels to Mokha, Dhubab, Khokha and other FHI 360 operational locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is launching an integrated humanitarian response program in Mokha, and Dhubab in Taiz and Khokha in Hodaidah.
Under The supervision of the Deputy Country Director operations, the M&E Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. The role will contribute to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing high quality written products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various FHI360 sectors and departments. This position will be based in Aden but will require frequent travel to the field. The M&E Manager will supervise M&E staff in Aden and Mokha, and report to the DCD operations based in Aden.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Design and implement participatory and result based M&E systems that will generate timely information and feedback to program and management teams.
- Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate databases to accurately track data collected from various interventions across program activities. Ensure maintenance of data back-up and retrieval systems; prepare a database of the program that can be used both internally and externally
- Set up a secure database that will capture all agreed upon indicators, targets and progresses against each project objectives
- Conduct, manage and administer baseline survey studies, review workshops, and any other regular needs assessment which will continually provide information and latest developments.
- Advise and guide staff members on M&E issues for better implementation and sharing of good practices; provide technical leadership for all M&E activities of the project. Particularly, support the field assistants based in project locations to do a more regular follow up of targets, and progresses
- Prepare monitoring checklists and guidelines to measure the performance and track progresses
- Lead the development of project/annual M&E plan, consistent with the annual work plan
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports; designs, supervise and/or conducts special studies and inquires; design and implementation of project led operations research
- Undertake regular field visit to monitor and supervise project implementation, identify bottlenecks and success stories
- Collect different reports regularly (monthly, quarterly, and annually) from operational/field locations, check for consistency between the narrative and quantitative parts, compile the quantitative part and make data entry in the Program database.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- Mentoring and capacity building of the M & E officer and assistant, identifying area that improvement is needed and put together a development plan for each.
- Develop Data Quality Assessment (DQA) tool for the program and assess the data quality of the performance indicators periodically as per the DQA tool
- Ensure that M&E data is incorporated into programs planning and review processes; oversee data collection to ensure high quality results for learning and donor reporting.
- Strengthen the M&E documentation system of FHI 360’s program centrally by documenting all M&E documents at the Country Office in Aden;
- Carryout any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis software
- Experience with mobile data collection techniques is preferred
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) firstname.lastname@example.org
by 17 Sep 2020.