Ended Pharmacist Assistant
Length of Time: 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: Mokha with frequent and extended travels to other FHI 360 operational locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is launching an integrated humanitarian response program in Mokha, and Dhubab in Taiz and Khokha in Hodaidah.and other locations assigned.
The Family Health International (FHI360) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of a Pharmacist Assistant. He/ She will dedicate his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of activities related to management of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, as well as data management in pharmacies, in line with FHI360 procedures. He /She reports to the pharmaceutical officer and Field Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Implement an effective drugs management system, in line with FHI360 procedures in the supported health facilities.
- Conduct on site orientation for the pharmacists and storekeepers at the supported health facilities in terms of stock management, supply chain management, tracking the expiry dates and ensure the rational use of drugs.
- Conduct regular field visits to all the supported health facilities to track the consumption of medicines and medical supplies, verify the registers and insert the data in the pharmaceutical tracker weekly.
- Provide a technical support to the warehouse staff at Al-Mokha office at the time of receipt and distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to the health facilities.
- Manage the distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies from Al-Mokha warehouse to the health facilities and verify the quantities of the medical items delivered along with the Health facilities pharmacists and storekeepers at the time of receiving.
- Monitor and document temperature and humidity of the Warehouses, pharmacies and temperature of fridges.
- Ensure that the appropriate stock consumption records are in place, follow up with the health facilities pharmacists to keep it up-to-date, and supervise the physical inventory in cooperating with the health facilities pharmacists Monthly.
- Develop forecasting for medical supplies, medicines according to the consumption reports from the health facilities.
- Assess pharmacy needs in health facilities including storage and security.
- Follow the storage and transportation conditions of these drugs to ensure their quality.
- Collecting and submitting weekly consumption reports and supply information in a timely manner with supervisor and all stakeholders.
- Ensuring information gathered is regularly and accurately recorded, collation, verification and analysis of information for further dissemination, monitoring, documenting and reporting on project
- Ensure appropriate use of Medications according to MOPHP guidelines, protocols and donor standard.
- Ensure the standard in the field drug stores and close coordination with MoPHP, GHO and DHO for restricted items.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling FHI360 values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for FHI360, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy sciences or Diploma degree in pharmacy with three years ‘experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Competent Pharmacist with significant experience in managing medical supply chains.
- Experience of warehousing, stock control and transport and distribution of goods.
- Good knowledge of essential drugs, consumables and equipment.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Able to effectively engage with communities, including children, and health officials
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Able to work in a stressful and changing environment with limited resources.
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good information seeking skills and analytical approach.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) email@example.com
by 17 Sep 2020.