Ended Security Manager
Length of Time: 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: Aden with periodic travel to Field Locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is launching an integrated humanitarian response program in Mokha, and Dhubab in Taiz and Khokha in Hodaidah.and other locations assigned.
The Family Health International (FHI360) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Security Manager. He is responsible to ensure the Safety and Security of FHI 360 staff, assets, premises and programs in Yemen, in particular by constantly monitoring and anticipating security risk, by designing and enforcing context specific risk mitigation rules and procedures, by ensuring overall security compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards in an “Extreme Risk” operational environment and ensuring that all FHI 360 premises are secured in accordance to operational risk level, assisting in preparing and updating contingency plans and providing assistance on all safety and security related matters to Security Coordinator and Crisis Response Coordinator.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Within delegated authority, the SECURITY MANAGER is responsible for the following duties:
1. Department management
Manage Security Guards, train them and draw out their duty schedule. Manage guard complaints and liaise with Security company regularly to ensure contractual standards are adhered to.
Make frequent field site visits to provide constant support to the program team and carry out necessary security assessments. Maintain open lines of communications with all staff in Absence of Security Coordinator.
2. Context & Risk analysis:
Develop and regularly update the country security profile (with regards to the socio-economic, political and/or military situation in country, the country criminality profile, the nature of ongoing conflicts or crises climatic & seismic hazards and health risks). Follow-up on major country events and developments. Analyze and locate key local stakeholders. Develop security trend analysis. Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized properly: create a security incident database and perform incident mapping and analysis. Fill in and regularly update the Risk Analysis Matrix (threat, likelihood, impact, level of vulnerability, level of risk). Carry out security assessments of new FHI 360 areas of intervention or future prospect intervention areas.
3. Develop and update Security Management Plan, SOPs and Contingency Plans:
- Draft and regularly update the Security Management Plan for validation by Security Coordinator and Crisis Response Coordinator and finally endorsement by Global Security office.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance to the local context
- Draft and regularly update evacuation and contingency plans and support field teams to maintain and update their evacuation and contingency plans.
- Ensure preparedness of all staff for hibernation, relocation, evacuation and all contingencies (organize drills, update contingency plans, check that hibernation stocks are up to date, regularly inspect Trauma and first aid kits and communication equipment).
- Keep security communication tree updated, organize regular drills on activating communication tree and report any drill reports to Security coordinator.
4. Daily Security Management
- Coordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce their vulnerability to those threats. Monitor the security preparedness of country staff and enforce staff compliance with internal security rules and SOPs, ensuring they are communicated to all staff and understood. Support Security Coordinator to set up and control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules according to the local context. Ensure compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and develop action plans for security upgrade. Carry out security assessments of new FHI360 facilities/locations, ensure a standard level of facilities protection, and supervise guards. Ensure that all Expatriate staff are given on arrival security briefing and are issued with communication equipment along with constant companion cards. Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement on the field, ensure transportation means are adapted, ensure a good fleet maintenance, and set movement rules which are adapted to the local context to support the Logistic team in Country. Ensure operational follow-up of movements. Ensure logistics follow a servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles.
- Spearhead security assessment missions prior to FHI360 staff deployment to a new area and ensure minimum security standards are in place before their deployment.
5. Crisis management
- Assist Security Coordinator in drafting and implementing crisis management protocols in accordance with local context.
- Act as a member of the Crisis Management Team in absence of Security Coordinator.
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly security reports are completed and sent to Security Coordinator, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents. Produce real-time security alerts and share with staff.
7. Training and briefing
- Conduct security briefing for each new expatriate staff arriving in country and for freshly recruited national staff. Schedule and conduct security drills. Liaise with guarding company management to ensure that all guards deputed at FHI360 compounds are up to date with their basic trainings. In absence of Security coordinator, provide security briefings during weekly and bi-weekly operations meetings.
8. Develop and maintain a security network
- Actively participate in Weekly and Monthly Coordination Meetings. Create an information network in the country, identifying key informants, build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities, other NGO’s (local and international), and all relevant stakeholders.
9. Ensure external representation
- Attend security coordination meetings and update Security Coordinator and Country Director on current security situation. Contribute to creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the FHI360 Code of Conduct, values and policies regarding internal and external stakeholders.
10. Support other functions if required
- FHI360 promotes cross functional support among staff members and therefore Security Manager may require to support other functions by temporarily performing additional tasks.
- University/College degree in Security management, information management or business administration, political/social science or international relations with focus on security management or other relevant education. Certification of service in Military or Police is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of progressive responsible experience working with an International organization in high-risk environment. Experience of managing and training guard-force.
- Proven skills in security management, drafting security & contingency plans, report writing skills and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (both in oral and written) is required languages. Knowledge of other language is an asset.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) firstname.lastname@example.org
by 17 Sep 2020.