Ended Housekeeping Supervisor
Length of Time: 12 Months with possibility of extension
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is launching an integrated humanitarian response program in Mokha, and Dhubab in Taiz and Khokha in Hodaidah.
Under the supervision of the Admin Officer, the Housekeeper supervisor is to ensure that FHI360 premises are clean and supervises a team of Housekeepers proper upkeep of the FHI 360 office/guest house.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages the Housekeeping team in charge of cleaning FHI360 premises. Carries out domestic duties when and if required.
- Resolves minor issues related to FHI360 premises/material and informs his/her hierarchical supervisor about more important ones.
- Supports maintenance, logistics and other colleagues in a variety of manual tasks when assigned to the office.
- Manages a stock of cleaning-related products.
- Ensures that those under his/her responsibility can work in safe and suitable conditions and with sufficient, appropriate material.
- Organizes the work and uses resources that are available.
- Supervises housekeeping staff assigned to FHI360 premises and gives them basic training.
- Any other tasks assigned.
Scope & impact:
- Remit limited to the assigned premise.
- Authorized to carry out purchases within the limits of FHI360 rules.
- Internally, interacts with other FHI360 employees and / or the users of FHI360 premises.
- Certifications/Education Required:
- Primary school education
- Basic knowledge of English.
Professional Experience Required:
- Over 2 years' domestic work experience.
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) email@example.com
by 17 Sep 2020.