Ended Logistic Assistant
Length of Time: 12 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Mokha, Yemen with travels to FHI 360 Field Locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is launching an integrated humanitarian response program in Mokha, and Dhubab in Taiz and Khokha in Hodaidah.
Under the supervision of the Field Manager and Log Manager, the purpose of the position is to provide support with movement tracking, asset management, and other general needs of the logistics department. He/she will report to the Field Manager and the Log Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Assists in all procurement tasks as per FHI 360’s Procurement policies in conjunction with Aden team
- Provide procurement services in Mokha when needed and ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Maintains regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per PO/contracts signed.
- Maintain of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers and support market assessment when required
- Ensure documents are photocopied and well filled
- Ensuring timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation is actioned and sent to Aden procurement timely
- Advise the logs manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements
Stores and assets Management
- Ensures accuracy of all inventories, assets register, and inventory are up to date at all times.
- Manage the store according to organizational warehouse standards, ensuring that all records are well maintained.
- Ensures all items in the store are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly inventoried.
- Document the receipt, handling, storage, release, reporting of goods and assets.
- Coordinates with Aden office to record and update all inputs and data for the warehousing and procurements
- Advise the Logistics manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements and any discrepancies.
- Ensuring that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
- Ensure damaged assets are reported and repaired
- Monitor the field vehicles to ensure optimal use, which includes service and maintenance of vehicles.
- Ensure that logbooks are always filled in, maintaining an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Coordinating intercity movement with Aden Logistics.
- Fueling and maintaining generators consumptions
- Ensures generators are maintained on time and are serviceable
- Supervises technician whenever services are performed
- Facilitates the availability of generator consumables ensuring the buffer stock is in place
- Ensures availability of fuel and always top up the storage tank at a minimum level of 2,000 liters.
- Prepares weekly and monthly achievement reports
- Generate accurate weekly stock reports for inventory and assets.
- Generate accurate weekly generators reports.
- Provide weekly fleet report
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
- At least 2-3 years of experience providing logistics, inventory and security support in an office setting.
- Vocational or specialized training desired.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in Arabic and excellent in English language (both spoken & written).
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please) email@example.com
by 17 Sep 2020.