Ended Interpreter (Female)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Marib:
Level: 3 (E)
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Administration Manager or HRCo
Reports to (Functional): Administration Manager or HRCo. Close collaboration with the person for whom translation (oral or written) is done.
Job Family: HR & FIN
Supervises (Function): N/A
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
- Translate documents from / to mission language into a local one upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supporting the MHAM (Mental Health Activities Manager) in oral and written traslation from Arabic to English or vice versa.
- Translate Oromo language (Ethiopian State) to English and vice versa.
- Translate sensitive and confidential topics during counselling session with clients.
- Translate and support trainings, meeting and discussion of the team from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Flexible and respectful towards the other staff members.
- Respectful to MSF work culture (e.g: never chew khat during the working hours)
- You will work in different (mobile) primary health care clinics / places.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Essential secondary education.
- Desirable official translator degree (Mission working language)
Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs
English and Arabic languages essential.
Desirable computer literacy (word)
All applicants should submit an application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card, by email to:
– Applicants must put “ INTERPRETER “ in the subject line.
Closing date: 19 September 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test