Terms of Reference
Reports to: Admin Specialist.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
- Take overall responsibility in management of office and admin support project’s staff in accordance to the organization policy and procedures.
- Draft outgoing letters and correspondences and ensure official letters are handled appropriately according to the organization administrative policies and procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the office administration section in correspondence.
- Ensure that the office stationary and office supplies are order on time that involves raising purchasing requests.
- Applying, supervising and monitoring aspects of the HR and administration activities
- Be responsible on all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, casual labors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Be responsible of the project’s staff domestic travels including transport and accommodations that will involve maintain proper documentation and doing the relevant payment reconciliation.
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.).
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- To report all administration activities in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- Assisting the head and field office HR to organize and participate in staff recruitment throughout the process.
- Deliver administrative and HR induction for all new staff and ensure all SOPs for office are followed.
- Be responsible to organize and implement induction schedule and orientation of new staff in the area office
- Ensure maintenance of HR files that includes an effective, efficient and up to date staff records and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, awards, discipline, archiving, etc.
- To report all administration/ HR activities in weekly/ monthly basis to the main HR Officer
- To manage the project’s staff daily attendance sheet and timely submission of the staff timesheet at the area office.
- Coordinate clearance of staff separating from the organization including exit interviews and final dues payments.
- In consultation with the HR Officer, provide technical input and be the focal point in addressing employee relations issues including staff grievances, disciplinary measures, etc.
- Plan and advise on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content
- To work closely with the HR Officer and line mangers on the staff capacity plan and develop training calendar.
- Represent the organization in coordination meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Write regular reports on the progress to the head office (Operations and HR).
- Ensure that approval is obtained for all expenses, review and verify for appropriate signatures.
- Prepare photocopies of other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to the main office.
- Assist in providing necessary documents for adjustments and audit / Donor’s Verification purpose.
- Perform other duties as and when required by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- University degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in relevant field.
- Good spoken and written Arabic and English languages.
- Familiarity with logistics and procurement procedures.
- Good computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Good Communication Skills.
- The ability to work independently using own initiative to solve problems (focusing on solutions)
- A team player and willing to shoulder additional responsibilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Sep 24th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.