Ended Orphans and Child-Welfare Senior Field Officer (2)
Position: Orphans and Child-Welfare Senior Field officer – (2)
1- Sana’a with regular field visits to Sada.
2- Aden with regular field visits to Taiz.
Vacancy Reference Number:
Reference Number for Sana’a: WSFO – San /20
Reference Number for Aden : WSFO – Aden /20
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Yemen works with the poorest communities and has registered orphans from extremely destitute families in Sana’a, Sa’ada, Aden & Taiz governorates. Orphans Sponsorship Programme (OSP) is a programme that aims to alleviate the suffering of orphans’ families and to reduce their poverty through the provision of financial support to cover their food, education, health and sometimes shelter needs. The program has at times integrated other small projects to support orphans like vocational trainings, livelihood support, educational support, provision of health care support and the seasonal projects like Ramadan food distribution, Qurbani distribution, Eid Gifts and winterization supports and so on. In addition to the Orphans Sponsorship Programme, OCWP is also focusing on implementing projects that deal with Child protection and early childhood interventions.
Under the supervision of Orphans & Child Welfare Head of Unit, the senior officers will be directly responsible for ensuring the effective implementation in the north & south hubs of 1-2-1 Orphans Sponsorship Programme and projects supporting orphans as per IR Policy and procedures.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Managing and implementation of 1-2-1 Orphan Sponsorship Programme and projects supporting Orphans as per IR Policy and Procedure in field level.
- Main strong collaboration and liaising with different stakeholders including internally and externally among IRY head office and field offices, donors, guardians, other INGOs, etc.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The senior field officers are directly responsible for managing and implementation of 1-2-1 Orphan Sponsorship Programme in the north & south Hubs by providing support to OCW team in Sana’a, Aden, Taiz & Sa’ada governorates in terms of orphans’ registration, field visits, payment follow-ups and report submissions for all orphans and by ensuring smooth implementation of other orphans’ projects as per IR Policy and Procedure in field level.
The senior field officers are accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
Senior Field Officer Main Responsibilities:
- To provide strategic support to I-2-1 Sponsorship programme to ensure meeting the outcomes in an integrated and sustainable manner.
- To conduct regular field visits to IR Sponsored Orphans in their respective governorates to oversee the welfare issue of IR Sponsored Orphans.
- Continuous support to OCW team to verify the completion of orphan applications in order to support 1-2-1 Sponsorship Programme in associate with the OCWP Head of Unit.
- To conduct regular field visits to implement the activities of the projects supporting orphans, monitor the progress of the projects, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- To support IR sponsored families in opening orphans bank accounts.
- To support the programme in orphan’s quarter payments.
- To be responsible for the gifts distribution and reporting of gifts received for orphans.
- To be responsible for preparing and submitting monthly/Quarterly activity reports to the OCWP Head of Unit.
- To support the programme in drafting projects’ concept notes and proposals and provide necessary related information from previous projects.
- To support the programme in developing financial and procurement planning for their designated projects.
- To provide support to budget management and monitor monthly expenditure of the programme projects.
- To support the programme in preparation, implementation and reporting of child welfare seasonal projects such as Qurbani, Ramadan Food, Winterization, Eid Gifts, In kind donations and others.
- To track the projects implementation, progress and achievements.
- To collect and review reports from OCW team and submit quality repots to OCWP Head of Unit.
- To coordinate with head of offices for the field implementation in the respective governorates (south and north hubs).
- To liaise with relevant partners, organisations, authorities or any stakeholders to establish and improve the services for IRY sponsored orphans.
- To work closely with the MEAL unit for the monitoring and evaluation of the programme activities.
- Exploring ideas and concepts continuously for the welfare of the orphan’s and their families for potential funding sources in conjunction with OCWP Head of Unit.
- To keep recording of lessons learned and compliance with IRY meal frame work.
- To represent the programme in protection clusters and meetings.
- To organize Information Education and (IEC) Communication session amongst the Community people pertaining to Widows and Orphan welfare issues.
- To organize different cultural events for IR Sponsored orphans within the approved budget limit in order to improve their sound mental and psychological well-being in association with Program team.
- To build good relationship with donors and other INGOs in order to identify and implement quality development projects for IRY Sponsored orphans.
- Any other tasks requested by Head of Unit relevant to the programme.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief vision and mission.
- Master degree in Development Studies/ Social Sciences or equivalent or Bachelor degree with commensurate work experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience of working for an international NGO.
- Experience of program cycle management, and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization.
- Experience in safeguarding, child protection in humanitarian setting.
- Commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of staff.
- A proven record of designing, monitoring & implementing development program.
- Understanding of development and relief issues as well as appreciation of cultural and social differences.
- Understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection.
- Understanding of child development/ welfare/ education projects especially within the context of Yemen.
- Development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures and administrative systems.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, meet deadlines and work.
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective skills in coordination, organization and prioritization.
- Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic language.
- Excellent in delivering training and awareness sessions (presentational skills).
- Flexible & Patient.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.