Ended CBI Assistant
Position CBI Assistant
Job location Aden
Report to Reporting Assistant – Reporting Officer – Senior Protection Officer
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
FMF will implement a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, West Taiz, Al-Dhale'e, and Shabwah.
The CBI Assistant is based in Aden, but covering project areas of intervention (South of Al-Hudaydah, West Taiz, Al-Dhale'e, and Shabwah), thoroughly in charge of all the activities related to processing cash beneficiary lists approved and authorized by the Project Manager, deals with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports.
Position description/ key responsibilities:
- With support of data management staff, manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash based interventions.
- Monitor beneficiary identification, selection and registration processes timely, transparently in accordance with the agreed Cash Assistance Criteria, keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Ensure developing timely cash transfer plans based on the beneficiary lists approved by the Project Manager and shared by Protection Assistants and Protection Officer, and prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the cash assistance under Case Management through Cash Transfer Agents in line with the SOPs established.
- Work closely with all of the Units/Departments involved in the disbursement of cash to beneficiaries and make sure assistance transfers for beneficiaries reach the designated area of intervention on time.
- Monitor the cash transfer agents during assistance distribution.
- Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support.
- Ensure beneficiaries are respected when receiving assistance.
- Ensure all protection concerns are met and dealt with during the distribution process including, but not limited to protection mainstreaming guidelines.
- With the support of data management staff, maintain an excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on timely basis.
- Compile weekly, monthly narrative and quantitative data and information to share reports on cash related matters and define potential means to address cash issues.
- Support protection field staff with proper guidance to raise awareness among targeted communities to establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships, to help understand project objectives and avoid false expectations.
- Deal with complaints or issue related to cash distribution through complaint and feedback hotline.
- Participate in various M&E activities including post distribution monitoring surveys, and monitor and evaluate on going distribution activities and report on unmet needs and gap.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in accounting, finance or other related field.
- 2 years of experience with NGOs particularly in Cash Based Interventions.
- Minimum 1 year of previous data management experience, preferable in CBI context.
- Ability to monitor and analyze CBI data and generate relevant and accurate reports.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Familiarity with distribution cycle process and beneficiary selection.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer.
- Strong team spirit and willingness to cooperate with others.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Respect confidentiality of data and information.
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( email@example.com ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.