Ended Capacity Building Officer
Capacity Building Officer
Terms of Reference
Reports to: Program Manager.
Duration: 6 months renewable.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and implementation for all capacity building activities; Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas of the program.
- Coordinate and follow-up with DHOs/GHO, and their focal points on different program related issues in in the targeted districts and provide regular updates to the program management team.
- Ensure always to have the updated demographical and population data sources from the related authorities in the district and the governorate.
- Coordinate with DHOs/GHO, for joint assessment visits either for a new location or to assess an ongoing activity or any outbreak investigations.
- Assist and ensure implementing a comprehensive need assessment of targeted health facility.
- Assist and ensure the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with other project team and partners’ team.
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities inside the targeted districts in Taiz.
- Plan, arrange, coordinate, and supervise when necessary capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for health facilities staff and supervision team.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Supervise drugs and consumables stock management in the health facilities.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols by the supervision team through observation and direct supervision of the staff.
- Organize the weekly schedule of the supervision team to ensure the smooth running of the activities.
- Provide the HF staff with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools on timely bases (weekly/monthly).
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of health facility data.
- Monitor the drug consumption alongside with the pharmacist by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record.
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
- Prepare weekly/monthly activities report (or according to the needs) to submit to program manager.
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the program Manager, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Ensure that the targeted indicators and activities are being met through regular follow-up of the data and the achieved outcomes.
- Make sure that Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) is in place and help beneficiaries become aware of it in collaboration with the MEAL team.
- Provide continues orientation on all the capacity building policies.
- Ensure all training requests are submitted and complete
- Perform any other tasks related to coordination, capacity building, planning and
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy or any health related background.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Change Management and Capacity building (Training & Development).
- Experience in training and human resources.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact well with people and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members.
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends and to spend considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Excellent skills in using MS Office Applications.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com by 17th Sep, 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YFCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.