Ended HR Assistant
Duty Station [Hodeida – Bait Al-Faqeeh]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job:
Under the supervision of HR Team Leader, The HR Assistant is responsible for performing general human resources function, and play a key role in the overall HR function including staff recruitment, contract preparations, staff leaves/ attendance and time-sheets tracking. The HR Assistant plays a key role in supporting DRC Yemen, Hodeida/Bait Alfaqeeh program’s staffing needs and works closely with HR Team Leader to comply with Programme and Operation requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Attendance and leave management
- Track the attendance of all staff day wise in provided excel format as per organization requirement and communication.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves for DRC staff in excel format.
- Provide the updated Leave tracker on Weekly basis to the HR Team Leader.
- Assist in collect & verified timesheet from DRC staff and submitted to HR department.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedules examinations by coordinating appointments.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Assist HR Officer with recruitment, record maintenance, and provide clerical support to all employees.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Maintain the HR files such as employee personal files, recruitment file, PF related documents at the Area office level organized and archived properly.
On boarding and Induction
- Responsible for implanting planning of new DRC staff on board provided by HR officer
- Ensure that induction plan is signed off and filed in the personal file of all employees.
Staff Insurance / benefits
- Follow up with CO or insurance service provider when staff faces an issue, this includes adding or terminating employees from the benefit programs and helping to answer questions or resolve benefit related issues that may arise.
- Any other task assigned from the line manager or HR Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have A Bachelor degree in HR, Business Management or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in HR.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
- Highly organized with archiving all documents.
- Strong communication skills and calm, mature attitude.
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems.
- Humanitarian experience preferred.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in December 31, 2021 , renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Bait AlFaqeeh.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I Non-Manager).
Qualified candidates must apply online. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 17th September 2020. The interviews are expected to take place in the first week after the Closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo