Ended Advisor (Non-formal Vocational Training Programs)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Private Sector and Employment Project (PSEP) - (PN 19.2126.1-001.00)
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Advisor (Non-formal vocational training programs)
- End of Contract: 30.06.2022
- Post Location: Sana’a
The Advisor (Non-formal vocational training programs) is responsible for
- managing the activity field (3) according to their objectives and indicators, and the plan of operations,
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the filed mentioned above,
- processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
- innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovations to a broad target group
- supervising activities of the field (3) in workshops and meetings with the relevant actors.
- assisting project initiatives to provide professional advisory services and cooperate with a broad range of target groups,
The Advisor (Non-formal vocational training programs) performs the following tasks:
- organizes and coordinates HFA’s schedule.
- works closely with the Project Manager & the Projects Coordinator on all matters related to planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the measures/interventions he/she is responsible for,
- identifies relevant stakeholders and create actors map that is updated on a regular basis,
- develops the two projects activities’ proposals for discussion and approval by the Project Coordinator & the Project Manager,
- facilitates implementation of the two projects activities in Sana’a and other targeted governorates,
- develops ToRs/contracts for the needed long/short terms experts,
- maintains quality measures during implementation and suggest necessary changes for improvement to the Project Manager/Coordinators,
- maintains regular monitoring reports and updates –sometimes through field visits to different governorates- of implementation of vocational training activities as per the two projects indicators.
- provides support to the local and international experts,
- drafts report and input to annual reports and reports requested by the Project Manager and GIZ Head Office and upload them to DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules,
- maintains a good working relationship with the local governments, public/private sectors as well as local communities to ensure smooth implementation of the measures/interventions of the two projects.
- maintains a working relationship with the business community.
- coordinates with similar youth economic empowerment or relevant initiatives in the Yemeni context whenever possible.
- provides updates on policy and practice changes that is relevant to youth economic empowerment in the areas of labour market information, legislation and propose actions/suggestions.
- coordinates with other projects’ team members to ensure the two projects’ objectives successful achievement.
- develops non-formal trainings plans, reports and maintain a proper documentation on the progress of the two projects plans and activities implementation.
- assists with relevant research activities and studies relevant to vocational training towards employment.
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the project Director and/or project coordinator for MSEs and Youth Promotion.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in youth studies, technical education, private sector development, youth, school-to-work transition or a field related to the project objectives.
- 3 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- experience in facilitating workshops, events and professional meetings.
- familiarity with state of education system and development in Yemen.
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- digital literacy
- strong managerial and organizational competence
- willingness to travel to the targeted areas regularly
- willingness to travel abroad when requested
- fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic languages; German language would be an asset
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- ability to drive with valid driving license.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject Line: Application for Advisor (Non-formal vocational training programs) Post
Deadline for receipt applications is: 22.09.2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.