Ended Liaison and Procurement Officer
LIAISON AND PROCUREMENTS OFFICER
Contract Duration: Full Time
Job location: Yemen - Multiple locations - 20% office work, 80% fieldwork and travel
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Program Manager - Yemen
Closing Date: September 25, 2020
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
Liaison and Procurements Officer is responsible for ongoing liaison and procurement with national municipalities and local partners to ensure that program activities are communicated in an effective and efficient manner across all local actors as well as to the international community, when necessary. The position holder is also responsible for the organization of distinction process and efficient management of project documentation.
- Work on MoUs with government entities, local partners (other NGOs), track and effectively organize all project documentation.
- Liaise with all relevant national NGOs, local authorities with the aims of facilitating coordination with national NGOs and humanitarian actors to promote joint or collaborative activities
- Obtain visas, permits, security, custom clearances and official registrations.
- Arrange accommodation and transportation for staff members and volunteers.
- Work as a focal point between MG Headquarter team and local partners on the ground.
- Accountable for the organization of reliable and cost-effective local procurement processes.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall success of all logistics, procurement processes.
- Work with clinical partners to ensure that financial reports are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for visibility printing material and media coverage.
- Develop and foster relationships with the local communities, ministry of health, local and International organizations, OCHA, WHO, UN agencies, and Health clusters members
- Translate, follow and obtain legal administrative documents related to the implementation of programs in collaboration with the program manager and Headquarter officer.
- Responsible for providing all the quotations,invoices and receipts to each payment.
- Translate any procurement documents to English, if needed
- Update headquarter office with the local security situation on a weekly basis.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of the local program manager or the Head of Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in social science, public administration, law, development studies, international affairs or other relevant disciplines with a minimum of two years’ experience in working with humanitarian organizations.
- 2-3 years’ experience of liaison and representation with senior level authorities.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of social, political and economic conditions in the country;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a wide variety of national NGOs and related networks/consortia, government, UN and international NGO stakeholders;
- Willing to travel regularly within designated areas of work
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards and other humanitarian related issues.
- Demonstrated competencies in drafting official letters in Arabic and English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Liaison and Procurement Officer - Yemen”
- Only English resumes will be considered
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position
- Deadline for receiving applications is September 25, 2020