Ended Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism Manager
Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism Manager
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Safeguarding at Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: CARM Manager Sanaa
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Sanaa –Yemen
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: till 9 Jan 2021 ,with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 20th Sep 2020
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The CARM Manager will work under the supervision of the Program Performance and Quality Director and work closely with the program and MEL teams, s/he will manage the country level CARM processes and tools and develop the CARM strategy for each of the country hubs. In addition, the CARM Manager will develop and manage the work plan for the CARM rollout, build CARM team capacity and train program and MEL teams on the newly established CARM system. The strategy will include standard operating procedures to ensure that the methods of providing feedback are safe, confidential and accessible and that the feedback provided is timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanism:
- Update current CARM operational SOP through consultations with the program team and in the communities where Mercy Corps works.
- Understand and identify locally appropriate, user-friendly and culturally sensitive communication channels for feedback and incorporate these into the SOP
- Develop necessary IEC material for internal and external use
- Establish workplans for the rollout of CARM including processes procedures and forms by project or location
- Establish/Modify current CARM database to be relevant
- Ensure data quality of CARM database
- Together with MEL colleagues, develop a system for analyzing trends in feedback received;
- Together with program teams, develop a process to ensure integration of learning into program implementation which must include regular written reports.
- Conduct orientation sessions for all departments on CARM and their roles and responsibilities toward a successful implementation of accountability and reporting mechanism.
- Together with HR, support integration of CARM training into new employee onboarding
- Training of program staff on receiving complaints and feedback and on community sensitization
- Provide training and on the job support to CARM Officer in terms on handling calls/complaints, registration, and follow up.
- Provide ongoing training to CARM staff on report writing.
- Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and the CARM system functionality.
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Play an active role in hiring, orienting and leading team members as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Prepare CARM data analytics and prepare periodic reports
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: 3 Accountability Officers and 2-3 Accountability Assistants in Field Office
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: PaQ Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: MEL Team, DCD/CD, Program Directors and Program Managers, Area Directors
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- English and Arabic written and spoken fluency is required.
- Master degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- At least 4 years’ work experience working with international NGOs, preferably on accountability and Reporting mechanism or MEL or any relevant position.
- Experience in remote management is a plus.
- The ability to work closely in a team, be patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Google suite (Google drive, docs, sheets).
- Experience with ODK (open data kit) and google studio is a plus.
Critical problem solving skills and the ability to work out methods of delivery in very different operating contexts. S/he will be able to live and work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment and be willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position:
CVs will be screen and interviewed on rolling basis.