Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Peace Process Support for Yemen (PPSY)- (PN 15.2152.5-002.00)
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Administrator (Aden)
- End of Contract: 31.09.2021
- Post Location: Aden
The Administrator (Aden) will:
- Provide administrative services for the project;
- Perform the financial needs of the project independently, with a minimum of intervention;
- Ensure that financial and administrative regulations are complied with;
- Esure that the service in the project is provided correctly and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of local peace building activities through the instrument of Local Subsidies (LS) including liaison with and mentoring of partners through workshops;
- Support the development of LS proposals and proposal evaluation, recommend Proposals to the Project Coordinator and set up a conflict sensitive baseline, monitoring and evaluation system to inform GIZ and the EU on results in close collaboration with the Capacity Building Advisor;
- Support GIZ and partners in the identification and vetting of local partners in close cooperation with the GIZ Country Office;
- Review local partner reports and report to GIZ and European Union in English and represent GIZ at relevant meetings and forums;
The administrator for (Aden) performs the following tasks:
- Maintain regular contact with PPSY Administrator and Project Coordinator in Sana’a Office;
- Ensure that information is exchanged between project staff, partners and other institutions;
- Accompany the technical officer for Aden or other team members to meetings if necessary;
- Prepare and organises internal meetings.
- Organise administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.);
- Coordinate with the GIZ office and PPSY office in Sana’a on the mode of service delivery;
- Ensure that computers and software function properly;
- Monitor the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines;
- File documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Manage confidential files, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance.
- Help prepare project budget planning;
- Help monitor expenses in accordance with the budget;
- Monitors the monthly accounting and financial plans;
- Preforms financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers;
- Ensure good financial and administrative settlement of local subsidies contracts provided to Civil Society Organizations;
- Check travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior;
- Initial cash withdrawals for various projects;
- Carry out spot checks of the cash and bank book;
- Check requests for funds before release;
- Audit project accounting;
- Monitors communication and interaction between governmental institutions, NGOs and society by analysing the media, engaging in direct dialogue, and participating in meetings and seminars etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA) or accounting.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Experience in dealing with civil society groups.
- Experience in grant management or grant supervision.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams, WINPACCS, etc.)
- Digital literacy
- Very good knowledge of written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English language. A working knowledge of German is an asset;
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting;
- Ability to drive a vehicle as an asset;
- Broad experience of management and administration.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Application for Advisor (Non-formal vocational training programs) Post
Deadline for receipt applications is: 26.09.2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.